Man found naked in girls locker room ordered to prison after 9th offense
OGDEN — A man who police say has been arrested nine times since 1992 for sneaking into girls locker rooms has been sentenced to prison.
Brian Richard Lee, 47, was arrested most recently in April after being found naked in the girls locker room at Sandridge Junior High in Roy. Due to new legislation police said was made specifically with Lee in mind, the man was charged with a felony.
Second District Judge Scott Hadley on Tuesday sentenced Lee to concurrent terms of up to five years in prison for one count each of lewdness and burglary, both third-degree felonies. Lee was given credit for time served and ordered to pay $716 in restitution to the Weber School District.
In the April 12 incident, police said Lee sneaked into the locker room and waited for members of the track team to complete their practice.
A coach who was in her office spotted Lee, who was completely naked, police said. As the coach started yelling for help, Lee threw on his clothes and ran out of the locker room, he said. Several other faculty members and administrators chased after him. The man was soon cornered outside the school on the soccer field.
While Lee had an extensive history of similar behavior at schools in Salt Lake, Weber and Davis counties, he could only be convicted on misdemeanor charges. The change in the lewdness statute allowed law enforcement officers to charge repeat offenders like Lee — who is also a registered sex offender — with felonies.
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns Utahns of...
- Man stole ring, woman swallowed it, police say
- World-renowned rock art in Utah is younger...
- No timeline announced yet for Cottonwood Mall...
- Circleville farmers scratching their heads...
- Doug Robinson: The Birdman of Utah
- Part police cruiser, part taxi,...
- About Utah: A Salt Lake hit for 152 years ......
- Attorney general deciding whether to... 41
- Running again? Mitt Romney tells Hugh... 39
- Newborn found in trash can brings call... 34
- Becky Lockhart serious about... 31
- Parents say daughter didn't understand... 22
- Gay rights activists to fight charges... 22
- Police reviewing possible nightclub... 16
- Winning plaintiffs in 3 states want... 14