"We were all just really blown away by how appreciative they were," Christensen said. "We fell in love with both countries and the people very quickly."
At the Auckland event, Wilcox said the 1,500 women stood and sang the presenters.
"It took me completely off guard," Wilcox said. "It was so sweet to have them stand up and sing to us a medley of hymns."
Others posted their thanks on the Time Out for Women Facebook page.
"Thank you for finally coming to us," said Margarte Tourning, who attended the Sydney event. "We have waited — not so patiently — and now we have been blessed to have such an experience. Lives have been blessed, hearts uplifted and buckets filled. Thank you."
The timing of the Sydney event on Pioneer Day weekend wasn't lost on Tanya Boylan.
"TOFW on Pioneers weekend for me marked a 'beginning' in the Aussie chapter of history — 2,000 Aussie 'women' Saints gathered for the first time ...and 'WE' become!" she wrote. "What a handcart moment! Thank you!"
Christensen said they hope to bring Time Out for Women events back to Australia and New Zealand and they've had requests from others in a dozen other countries for events. While no other international events have been scheduled, Deseret Book is evaluating the outcomes of the Sydney and New Zealand events.
'Choose to Become' tour
Sept. 9-10: Anchorage, Alaska*
Sept. 16-17: Logan, Utah
Oct. 7-8: Denver, Colo.
Oct. 14-15: Cincinnati; Reno, Nev.*
Oct. 21-22: Richmond, Va.*; Rochester, N.Y.
Nov. 4-5: Phoenix*; Kansas City, Kan.
Nov. 11-12: St. George, Utah
Nov. 18-19: Salt Lake City
*Concurrent Time Out for Girls event on Saturday
- General Women's Session focuses on family, home
- 185th Annual General Conference talk...
- Defending the Faith: Joseph, the stone and...
- Returning LDS missionary, father battling...
- From log cabin to university, BYU-Idaho...
- Taylor Halverson: Learning is becoming more...
- Why I don’t call myself a ‘Mormon...
- 'A marvellous work and a wonder': A look back...
- 11 things you should know about the... 88
- General Women's Session focuses on... 33
- The challenges and blessings of... 30
- Taylor Halverson: Learning is becoming... 18
- From log cabin to university, BYU-Idaho... 10
- LDS Church celebrates 100 years of... 6
- The Gospels reflect the value of... 3
- LDS mission costs were not always equal 3