Seventy quorums: “There was a time I can remember when we could say that every stake president during that year had shaken hands with a member of the (Quorum of the) Twelve. And as the church grew and grew in distant parts of the world, the question of how we would manage it, how we would teach it, how we would administer it (also grew and grew). The answer, of course, is in the revelations. The answer is the Seventies. The Twelve, as the revelations direct, should ‘call upon the Seventy instead of any others.’” This is part of a fascinating interview with President Boyd K. Packer, president of the Quorum of the Twelve, and Elder Ronald A. Rasband, of the Presidency of the Seventy, on “The Twelve and the Seventy Part One: Revelation and the Role of the Seventy.” Click in to view!
Old Testament: Seminary students, you get your very own “Welcome from Elder Oaks” introducing you to the Old Testament curriculum. He explains how he will be reading along with you next year. And click to see what he challenges you to do!
Emily W. Jensen updates "Today in the Bloggernacle" on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, presenting the best of from the world of LDS-oriented blog sites. Her extended "Bloggernacle Back Bench" appears on Tuesdays.
- LDS Church alters Christmas devotional tradition
- Christmas lights on Temple Square in pictures...
- Mormon missionaries shine shoes, teach the...
- Mormon-raised Paul Walker remembered for...
- What's new: 'Women and the Priesthood' by...
- Tips for LDS bloggers from the 'ultimate...
- LDS growth in India draws media attention
- Redskins find new opponent, supporter of name...
- Mormon-raised Paul Walker remembered... 63
- Cardinal Dolan says Catholic church... 38
- Court: Mormon church, members not... 34
- Notre Dame sues over health care law's... 31
- BYU's linebacker Kyle Van Noy engaged... 28
- Seeing is believing: Doctor, family say... 25
- LDS Church alters Christmas devotional... 21
- Ask Angela: Woman shares update on... 20