Seventy quorums: “There was a time I can remember when we could say that every stake president during that year had shaken hands with a member of the (Quorum of the) Twelve. And as the church grew and grew in distant parts of the world, the question of how we would manage it, how we would teach it, how we would administer it (also grew and grew). The answer, of course, is in the revelations. The answer is the Seventies. The Twelve, as the revelations direct, should ‘call upon the Seventy instead of any others.’” This is part of a fascinating interview with President Boyd K. Packer, president of the Quorum of the Twelve, and Elder Ronald A. Rasband, of the Presidency of the Seventy, on “The Twelve and the Seventy Part One: Revelation and the Role of the Seventy.” Click in to view!
Old Testament: Seminary students, you get your very own “Welcome from Elder Oaks” introducing you to the Old Testament curriculum. He explains how he will be reading along with you next year. And click to see what he challenges you to do!
Emily W. Jensen updates "Today in the Bloggernacle" on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, presenting the best of from the world of LDS-oriented blog sites. Her extended "Bloggernacle Back Bench" appears on Tuesdays.
- Ask Angela: Fiancee struggles with newly...
- A conversation with Mormon convert and 7-time...
- 6 science-fiction and fantasy movies inspired...
- Over half a million people attended Ogden...
- Famous Mormons featured in new BYU commercial
- How to get 'Meet the Mormons' in theaters...
- LDS apostle Elder Russell M. Nelson turns 90
- Should I stay or should I go? How faith adds...
- Ask Angela: Fiancee struggles with... 31
- Here's how U.S. churches are changing... 15
- Ted Cruz was booed off stage for... 14
- Should I stay or should I go? How faith... 12
- Americans link violence with Muslims,... 11
- A conversation with Mormon convert and... 9
- The biggest band in the world is also... 7
- Famous Mormons featured in new BYU... 5