Seventy quorums: “There was a time I can remember when we could say that every stake president during that year had shaken hands with a member of the (Quorum of the) Twelve. And as the church grew and grew in distant parts of the world, the question of how we would manage it, how we would teach it, how we would administer it (also grew and grew). The answer, of course, is in the revelations. The answer is the Seventies. The Twelve, as the revelations direct, should ‘call upon the Seventy instead of any others.’” This is part of a fascinating interview with President Boyd K. Packer, president of the Quorum of the Twelve, and Elder Ronald A. Rasband, of the Presidency of the Seventy, on “The Twelve and the Seventy Part One: Revelation and the Role of the Seventy.” Click in to view!
Old Testament: Seminary students, you get your very own “Welcome from Elder Oaks” introducing you to the Old Testament curriculum. He explains how he will be reading along with you next year. And click to see what he challenges you to do!
Emily W. Jensen updates "Today in the Bloggernacle" on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, presenting the best of from the world of LDS-oriented blog sites. Her extended "Bloggernacle Back Bench" appears on Tuesdays.
- Demand for Ogden Temple open house tickets...
- Katie Couric interviews Mormon mom from Cute...
- When Mormon pioneers left was often a...
- Provo's waffle truck started by a motivated...
- Project to restore Manti Tabernacle underway
- Utah company films aerial video of renovated...
- New features at Ogden Temple reception tent...
- Mormon couple celebrates 75 years of true love
- Hamblin & Peterson: Constantine's... 25
- When Mormon pioneers left was often a... 21
- 66,511 volunteers set FamilySearch... 18
- Provo's waffle truck started by a... 18
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Reba McEntire... 14
- Demand for Ogden Temple open house... 8
- New features at Ogden Temple reception... 6
- Thirty countries require leaders to... 5