Laura Seitz, Laura Seitz, Deseret News
SOUTH JORDAN — "Diamond Days & Country Ways" is the theme of this year's Salt Lake County Fair, which is celebrating its 75th anniversary. The fair's organizing committee has put together a number of birthday festivities in addition to time-honored fair activities.
Fairgoers can expect to see traditional favorites such as horse pulling, two nights of demolition derby, a petting zoo, horse racing, Dutch oven cook-off, pony rides, a talent show, 4-H exhibits and fireworks. New activities this year include paint balling, monster truck rides, ATV rodeo and giant traveling balls called Bubble Rollers.
The fair's carnival is back as well, though tickets are required, and each ride generally takes multiple tickets.
New indoor exhibits include an I-Explore interactive learning center for children. Kids can also participate in ceramics, creative arts, scrapbooking, photography, home arts, a Wilton Cake decorating contest and a quilt block challenge from Home Arts.
The fair runs through Saturday at the Salt Lake County Equestrian Park and Fair Grounds, 2100 W. 11400 South. Doors open to the public at 11 a.m. and activities run through 10 p.m.
For a complete list of activities, event schedule and a map visit www.countyfairsloc.org or call 801-254-0106. Admission and most activities are free, but there is a $7 fee for parking.
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Costco begins new credit card agreement
- How the tech industry grew a rural Utah town...
- Primary Children's Hospital chaplains laugh,...
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 75
- 45 new locations open to provide free... 38
- Love won't go to GOP national convention 35
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 31
- Arches Health Plan shutdown leaves $33... 30
- Will 'Brexit' vote help Trump in Utah? 26
- Utah GOP brings up father's bank... 25
- Gov. Gary Herbert calls margin of... 22