SALT LAKE CITY — An exploration of nature's offerings in the state of Utah will be added to KSL-TV's roster this fall.
"Outdoors with Adam Eakle" will debut on KSL-TV and ksl.com in September and signals a return of an outdoor program on Ch. 5, which aired the popular "Outdoors with Doug Miller" program for several years.
Tanya Vea, executive vice president of news and cross platform development at KSL, said the station is looking forward to returning to the legacy established by the Doug Miller program.
"As the original home of 'Outdoors with Doug Miller,' KSL is excited to once again be home to this unique show that takes viewers on a journey through Utah's beautiful backcountry," Vea said.
She said the station will also benefit from Eakle's experience in the outdoors and in the television news industry.
"We are thrilled to have Adam's incredible talent and expertise as part of the KSL team," Vea said.
Eakle, who was the host and photographer of "Roughin' It Outdoors" on KUTV Ch. 2, is an avid outdoorsman and has been fishing and hunting in Utah's outdoors since his childhood.
Eakle — who has worked as a photojournalist and editor in the TV news industry since 1990 — guides hunts for elk, deer and upland game in his spare time, fly fishes frequently and boats with his wife and children on Utah's lakes and reservoirs.
A Utah native who graduated from Kearns High School and the University of Utah, Eakle said making the move to KSL will fulfill a "lifelong dream."
"I can't wait to continue the outdoors tradition Doug Miller started two decades ago at KSL," Eakle said.
Miller's program first aired on KSL in 1995. In 2001, he and his show made the move to KUTV. Before writing and producing the show, Miller worked as an anchor on KSL radio and later became a sports director at KSL-TV. He died in 2006.
When it debuts next month, the new show will air Saturdays at 11 p.m. with a second broadcast Sundays at 4:30 p.m.
- Report: Utah home to 'most impressive'...
- Hillary's grace: Watching her daughter...
- Traditions old and new celebrated as Temple...
- MTC missionaries spend Thanksgiving preparing...
- Utah's first family of rodeo: Riding buckin'...
- Olene Walker, Utah's first and only female...
- Utahns urged to shift spending during Small...
- Hikers brave cold and wind instead of Black...
- Ogden woman sues trooper, alleging he... 36
- Feds: Utah companies accused of... 26
- Man steals woman's boarding pass,... 13
- The new Thanksgiving tradition: A quick... 11
- MTC missionaries spend Thanksgiving... 9
- Olene Walker, Utah's first and only... 9
- Utah liquor consumption is up, but... 8
- New barriers, other security measures... 5