Hinds will begin to acclimate himself to playing in BYU's defense during this coming season for the Darts. While he's been played as a down lineman exclusively up to this point, he'll see plenty of work this year out of a three-point stance.
"Coach Bishop has changed the defense, and I'll be playing out of a linebacker stance a lot this year," he said. "I'm excited for it. It fits my strengths as a player, and it will help us overall as a defense. I'm very excited to play in the new system he's developed."
After this season, Hinds will serve an LDS mission. Upon his return, he'll join a BYU program that he expects to have reached new heights.
"I love what BYU has done with going independent and being shown on ESPN and all that, for sure. Who wouldn't?" he said. "BYU is a great program, and we'll get greater exposure now, and that's awesome. It means so much to me and to my family to be able to be part of such a great program as BYU. It's an honor and something I'm looking forward to a lot."
- Why one Mormon man left Hollywood to be a...
- Best and worst of the BYU, Utah and USU...
- High school football: 4A all-state teams
- BYU fan reflects: 6 lessons I learned at...
- High school football: 5A All-State teams
- Utah Jazz: Jazz forward Richard Jefferson...
- NFL watch: How local players fared in week 14...
- High school football: East's Ula Tolutau...
- BYU football: Cougars to play... 104
- Crystal ball commentary: National... 98
- Utah football: Utah coach Kyle... 81
- Utah basketball: Utes rally to defeat... 68
- Florida St-Auburn title game to usher... 50
- Best and worst of the BYU, Utah and USU... 48
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes bounce... 43
- Former BYU star Jimmer Fredette likes... 34