Mike Terry, Deseret News
Fall camp isn't even a week old, but apparently it's not too early for bowl projections.
BYU has signed a deal to play in the Armed Forces Bowl in Dallas, Texas, on Dec. 30 as long as the Cougars have a winning record and don't qualify for a BCS bowl. Rivals.com is projecting that BYU will play Tulsa in the Armed Forces Bowl.
Here's a rundown on the bowl projections for Cougar opponents: Texas (Alamo Bowl), Utah (Sun Bowl), Central Florida (Hawaii Bowl), Oregon State (New Mexico Bowl), TCU (Las Vegas Bowl), and Hawaii (Hawaii Bowl).
Here's more information on Texas safety Christian Scott, who was arrested and suspended by coach Mack Brown.
See a photo gallery from fall camp at Ole Miss. The Cougars open the season in Oxford, Miss., against the Rebels on Sept. 3.
- Why one Mormon man left Hollywood to be a...
- Best and worst of the BYU, Utah and USU...
- High school football: 4A all-state teams
- BYU fan reflects: 6 lessons I learned at...
- High school football: 5A All-State teams
- Utah Jazz: Jazz forward Richard Jefferson...
- High school football: East's Ula Tolutau...
- NFL watch: How local players fared in week 14...
- BYU football: Cougars to play... 104
- Crystal ball commentary: National... 98
- Utah football: Utah coach Kyle... 81
- Utah basketball: Utes rally to defeat... 68
- Florida St-Auburn title game to usher... 50
- Dick Harmon: How would BYU's Taysom... 49
- Best and worst of the BYU, Utah and USU... 48
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes bounce... 43