Mike Terry, Deseret News
Fall camp isn't even a week old, but apparently it's not too early for bowl projections.
BYU has signed a deal to play in the Armed Forces Bowl in Dallas, Texas, on Dec. 30 as long as the Cougars have a winning record and don't qualify for a BCS bowl. Rivals.com is projecting that BYU will play Tulsa in the Armed Forces Bowl.
Here's a rundown on the bowl projections for Cougar opponents: Texas (Alamo Bowl), Utah (Sun Bowl), Central Florida (Hawaii Bowl), Oregon State (New Mexico Bowl), TCU (Las Vegas Bowl), and Hawaii (Hawaii Bowl).
Here's more information on Texas safety Christian Scott, who was arrested and suspended by coach Mack Brown.
See a photo gallery from fall camp at Ole Miss. The Cougars open the season in Oxford, Miss., against the Rebels on Sept. 3.
- Peavler: Tom Holmoe deserves credit... 82
- Timpview standout, 2014 Mr. Football... 66
- Report: ACC changes stance, now... 62
- Bruins bruise Utes in 69-59 upset 41
- Utah secures commitments from two of... 39
- Dick Harmon: BYU hoops should start... 35
- Guest commentary: Hey, BYU basketball,... 34
- Former Utah basketball player spreads... 25