Mike Terry, Deseret News
Fall camp isn't even a week old, but apparently it's not too early for bowl projections.
BYU has signed a deal to play in the Armed Forces Bowl in Dallas, Texas, on Dec. 30 as long as the Cougars have a winning record and don't qualify for a BCS bowl. Rivals.com is projecting that BYU will play Tulsa in the Armed Forces Bowl.
Here's a rundown on the bowl projections for Cougar opponents: Texas (Alamo Bowl), Utah (Sun Bowl), Central Florida (Hawaii Bowl), Oregon State (New Mexico Bowl), TCU (Las Vegas Bowl), and Hawaii (Hawaii Bowl).
Here's more information on Texas safety Christian Scott, who was arrested and suspended by coach Mack Brown.
See a photo gallery from fall camp at Ole Miss. The Cougars open the season in Oxford, Miss., against the Rebels on Sept. 3.
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10
- BYU coach, players answer questions at fireside
- Former BYU linebacker Kyle Van Noy undergoes...
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big 12...
- BYU starting cornerbacks Jordan Johnson,...
- BYU Cougars looking for opening-game...
- First steps: Utes open season with 56-14 win...
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very little
- College football predictions: How will... 141
- The good, the bad and the most likely:... 63
- First steps: Utes open season with... 60
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- NFL cuts tracker: Former Cougars... 50
- Brad Rock: One thing already missing in... 50
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 49
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 45