Command change for Utah National Guard's 211th Aviation
WEST JORDAN — The Utah Army National Guard's Second Battalion, 211th Aviation, will conduct a change of command ceremony Saturday at 8 a.m. in the North Hangar of the Aviation Support Facility at the West Jordan armory.
Lt. Col. Peter Adams will officially relinquish command to Lt. Col. Gordon Behunin.
Adams, from Draper, has commanded the 2-211th since 2009. A graduate of the University of Utah, Adams prepared the battalion for an upcoming deployment.
Behunin, from South Jordan, served most recently as deputy commander, 97th Aviation Troop Command, in West Jordan. He is a veteran of Operation Enduring Freedom, deploying with his unit to Afghanistan from 2003-05.
Behunin will assume command of approximately 500 soldiers based in Utah, Iowa and Minnesota.
- Searchers locate missing family of Olympian...
- BYU grad strikes gold teaching via online...
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake...
- Healing souls, healing a mountain
- Man seeks video of 1995 Oklahoma City...
- Ex-federal judge says West Valley detective...
- Draper man dies from injuries in house explosion
- Salt Lake bike share program doubles in size
- Federal land managers criticized over... 24
- Renewable energy advocates decry... 19
- Habitual offender arrested in alleged... 16
- Student attitudes changing on healthy... 14
- 'No trespassing' sign may not stop... 13
- Ogden police shoot dog that was... 10
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake... 10
- Satellites track drought-driven... 9