Command change for Utah National Guard's 211th Aviation
WEST JORDAN — The Utah Army National Guard's Second Battalion, 211th Aviation, will conduct a change of command ceremony Saturday at 8 a.m. in the North Hangar of the Aviation Support Facility at the West Jordan armory.
Lt. Col. Peter Adams will officially relinquish command to Lt. Col. Gordon Behunin.
Adams, from Draper, has commanded the 2-211th since 2009. A graduate of the University of Utah, Adams prepared the battalion for an upcoming deployment.
Behunin, from South Jordan, served most recently as deputy commander, 97th Aviation Troop Command, in West Jordan. He is a veteran of Operation Enduring Freedom, deploying with his unit to Afghanistan from 2003-05.
Behunin will assume command of approximately 500 soldiers based in Utah, Iowa and Minnesota.
- The pimple dilemma: To pop or not to pop
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Quiz: Which epic Airbnb in Utah should be...
- Police shoot, critically injure 'prime...
- Gov. Gary Herbert calls margin of... 42
- 45 new locations open to provide free... 38
- Misty Snow likely to advance to general... 35
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 31
- Mitt Romney says family still wants him... 31
- Old West showdown? Freeway cattle drive... 29
- History-making transgender U.S. Senate... 27
- Hal Boyd: Why Mitt Romney's family,... 19