WEST JORDAN — The Utah Army National Guard's Second Battalion, 211th Aviation, will conduct a change of command ceremony Saturday at 8 a.m. in the North Hangar of the Aviation Support Facility at the West Jordan armory.
Lt. Col. Peter Adams will officially relinquish command to Lt. Col. Gordon Behunin.
Adams, from Draper, has commanded the 2-211th since 2009. A graduate of the University of Utah, Adams prepared the battalion for an upcoming deployment.
Behunin, from South Jordan, served most recently as deputy commander, 97th Aviation Troop Command, in West Jordan. He is a veteran of Operation Enduring Freedom, deploying with his unit to Afghanistan from 2003-05.
Behunin will assume command of approximately 500 soldiers based in Utah, Iowa and Minnesota.
- Bear scare: 'Baden and Logan saved my life.'
- Ryan Teeples: BYU sports is for BYUtv, not...
- 7-year-old girl who met Justin Bieber passes...
- Impeachment investigation 'highly likely,'...
- Attorney General John Swallow tells House...
- Miss Utah USA gets second chance at question...
- Doug Robinson: Utah man's new running shoe...
- Lehi imposes emergency watering restrictions
- Miss Utah USA's bungled interview... 38
- BYU poll: Majority favor impeachment,... 30
- Video: Miss Utah USA flubs answer at... 26
- 2 others back up extortion claims... 21
- Miss Utah USA gets second chance at... 21
- Attorneys for AG John Swallow say... 20
- Gunman caught after shooting... 20
- Doug Robinson: Utah man's new running... 20