Red roundup: 'Utes most important team in college football'
Utah is considered the "most important team in college football" by the Tucson Citizen.
"The Utes went to (and won) two BCS bowl games as members of the Mountain West Conference," reads the article. "If they can do the same against a Pac-12 schedule it breaks down the final barrier for the so-called non-automatic qualifying conferences. It means Boise State can play for the national championship."
— Ex-Ute Shaky Smithson is profiled in the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel. The undrafted free agent is in camp with the defending Super Bowl champion Green Bay Packers.
— Miami Dolphins nose tackle Paul Soliai of Utah has the team's franchise tag and a $12.476 million payday.
— The Baltimore Ravens have moved former Ute Paul Kruger to outside linebacker.
— Former Ute slugger C.J. Cron injured his knee in Orem's Pioneer League win over Ogden Sunday.
- High school football: Top 25 preseason rankings
- ACC media days has some interesting tidbits...
- Some fringe Jazz players opened eyes in Vegas
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 not looking to expand,...
- BYU football: Alani Fua may be next Cougar...
- Brain injury changes the lives and tests the...
- Dick Harmon: BYU, Pac-12 scheduling is an...
- Former BYU defensive lineman Eathyn...
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 not looking to... 167
- Report: Former BYU guard Jimmer... 73
- BYU freshman linebacker reportedly... 72
- BYU's Jamaal Williams, Utah State's Joe... 58
- Peavler: Arizona vice president of... 52
- ACC media days has some interesting... 35
- Brad Rock: Decades later, equality... 30
- Watch list roundup: 22 local players... 26