PROVO — Finally, the day has arrived.
After a long offseason, BYU players are reporting to campus today in preparation for fall camp, which kicks off Saturday afternoon. Players are being checked by medical personnel, sitting through meetings, and receiving their equipment. Saturday marks the first of 15 practices.
The Cougars open the season on Sept. 3 at Ole Miss.
The Clarion-Ledger reports on the players reporting for camp at Ole Miss, including a freshman linebacker who is expected to make a big impact on the Rebel defense. Like BYU, Ole Miss begins fall camp Saturday.
CBSSports.com's Brett McMurphy recalls his time spent at media days the past month, including the one at BYU.
ESPN.com's Ivan Maisel has this story on forgotten plays that set up memorable plays in college football history. One of those he lists is Bill Schoepflin's blocked punt before Jim McMahon's long touchdown pass to Clay Brown in the 1980 "Miracle Bowl."
This blog about the Chicago Bears' practices reports that former Cougar running back Harvey Unga is not attending because his wife is having a baby.
- Crystal ball commentary: National...
- Dick Harmon: John Beck very impressed with...
- High school football: East's Ula Tolutau...
- Utah football: Utah coach Kyle Whittingham...
- High school football: 5A All-State teams
- Brad Rock: Jazz dreaming of a Blazing future
- High school football: 2013 Deseret News MVPs...
- BYU's worldwide fan base highlighted in...
- BYU football: Cougars to play... 103
- Crystal ball commentary: National... 75
- Utah football: Utah coach Kyle... 64
- Dick Harmon: How would BYU's Taysom... 49
- Florida St-Auburn title game to usher... 45
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes bounce... 43
- Former BYU star Jimmer Fredette likes... 34
- BYU vs. No. 21 UMass live blog:... 27