PROVO — Finally, the day has arrived.
After a long offseason, BYU players are reporting to campus today in preparation for fall camp, which kicks off Saturday afternoon. Players are being checked by medical personnel, sitting through meetings, and receiving their equipment. Saturday marks the first of 15 practices.
The Cougars open the season on Sept. 3 at Ole Miss.
The Clarion-Ledger reports on the players reporting for camp at Ole Miss, including a freshman linebacker who is expected to make a big impact on the Rebel defense. Like BYU, Ole Miss begins fall camp Saturday.
CBSSports.com's Brett McMurphy recalls his time spent at media days the past month, including the one at BYU.
ESPN.com's Ivan Maisel has this story on forgotten plays that set up memorable plays in college football history. One of those he lists is Bill Schoepflin's blocked punt before Jim McMahon's long touchdown pass to Clay Brown in the 1980 "Miracle Bowl."
This blog about the Chicago Bears' practices reports that former Cougar running back Harvey Unga is not attending because his wife is having a baby.
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- Utah State set to hire assistant Tim Duryea...
- Brad Rock: The unforgettable Hot Rod Hundley
- Photo gallery: BYU rugby blanks Utah State in...
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- Dick Harmon: Nomadic hoops coach Tony Ingle...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 120
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 38
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in... 34
- Can Utes turn Sweet 16 dance into date... 28
- Utes went down swinging in Sweet 16... 24
- Photo gallery and video replay: BYU... 23
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to... 23
- Home games on the Sabbath: RSL... 22