PROVO — Finally, the day has arrived.
After a long offseason, BYU players are reporting to campus today in preparation for fall camp, which kicks off Saturday afternoon. Players are being checked by medical personnel, sitting through meetings, and receiving their equipment. Saturday marks the first of 15 practices.
The Cougars open the season on Sept. 3 at Ole Miss.
The Clarion-Ledger reports on the players reporting for camp at Ole Miss, including a freshman linebacker who is expected to make a big impact on the Rebel defense. Like BYU, Ole Miss begins fall camp Saturday.
CBSSports.com's Brett McMurphy recalls his time spent at media days the past month, including the one at BYU.
ESPN.com's Ivan Maisel has this story on forgotten plays that set up memorable plays in college football history. One of those he lists is Bill Schoepflin's blocked punt before Jim McMahon's long touchdown pass to Clay Brown in the 1980 "Miracle Bowl."
This blog about the Chicago Bears' practices reports that former Cougar running back Harvey Unga is not attending because his wife is having a baby.
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake wants former Cougar...
- Nick Emery's freshman season at BYU filled...
- Morning links: BYU, Virginia fans share...
- Red-hot Utah Jazz enter the danger zone
- For Star Lotulelei, Super Bowl loss leaves...
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Harvey Unga to assist...
- Rock On: Jabari's guide to Utah
- Copper Hills lives up to expectations with...
- Utes drop heartbreaker at Oregon State,... 103
- Morning links: Grading the BYU, Utah... 84
- Cold-shooting BYU loses stunner to... 67
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake hired... 33
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Harvey Unga to... 28
- Cougars regrouping, going back on the... 24
- Nick Emery's freshman season at BYU... 24
- Defense, rebounding, big second half... 22