PROVO — Finally, the day has arrived.
After a long offseason, BYU players are reporting to campus today in preparation for fall camp, which kicks off Saturday afternoon. Players are being checked by medical personnel, sitting through meetings, and receiving their equipment. Saturday marks the first of 15 practices.
The Cougars open the season on Sept. 3 at Ole Miss.
The Clarion-Ledger reports on the players reporting for camp at Ole Miss, including a freshman linebacker who is expected to make a big impact on the Rebel defense. Like BYU, Ole Miss begins fall camp Saturday.
CBSSports.com's Brett McMurphy recalls his time spent at media days the past month, including the one at BYU.
ESPN.com's Ivan Maisel has this story on forgotten plays that set up memorable plays in college football history. One of those he lists is Bill Schoepflin's blocked punt before Jim McMahon's long touchdown pass to Clay Brown in the 1980 "Miracle Bowl."
This blog about the Chicago Bears' practices reports that former Cougar running back Harvey Unga is not attending because his wife is having a baby.
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center stage...
- BYU coach, players answer questions at fireside
- Dick Harmon: BYU victory comes with 4 rookies...
- High school football: Friday's roundup
- 11-year-old Salt Lake native once again...
- Saturday morning quarterback: 3 stars and...
- BYU notebook: Cougars commit a plethora of...
- College football predictions: How will... 141
- The good, the bad and the most likely:... 63
- First steps: Utes open season with... 63
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 55
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 54
- Brad Rock: One thing already missing in... 50
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 48