Forbes takes a look at the Pac-12 commissioner Larry Scott and the conference's new television deal.
It notes that the league may have trumped its rivals in the television battle, but not without costs.
Utah, it reads: "Surrendered to the Pac-12 in realization that it is better to be adopted by a networked conference than to be orphaned without it."
— Chow headlines an L.A. Times list of new faces in new places.
— Utah is third among others receiving votes in the season's first USA Today Coaches' poll.
— Former Ute quarterback Alex Smith gets a new start with the San Francisco 49ers.
- Questions aplenty as Utah Jazz begin training...
- Danny Ainge speaks about career, Mormon faith
- Heisman Trophy tracker, week 5: Taysom Hill...
- Dick Harmon: NFL's Goodell seeks out Ty...
- Ranking the starting point guards in the NBA...
- BYU players endured tougher-than-usual...
- BYU football: LB commit Jeremiah Ieremia says...
- For BYU, Utah State is 'featured in-state game'
- Opportunity lost: Utes squander lead,... 291
- BYU takes advantage of the bye week,... 93
- Things won't get any easier for... 81
- For BYU, Utah State is 'featured... 57
- Brad Rock: Guaranteed wins don't exist... 54
- Quarterback Travis Wilson, Utes... 44
- Dick Harmon: Undefeated BYU is on... 39
- Mike Leach, the most interesting man in... 37