Forbes takes a look at the Pac-12 commissioner Larry Scott and the conference's new television deal.
It notes that the league may have trumped its rivals in the television battle, but not without costs.
Utah, it reads: "Surrendered to the Pac-12 in realization that it is better to be adopted by a networked conference than to be orphaned without it."
— Chow headlines an L.A. Times list of new faces in new places.
— Utah is third among others receiving votes in the season's first USA Today Coaches' poll.
— Former Ute quarterback Alex Smith gets a new start with the San Francisco 49ers.
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake wants former Cougar...
- Morning links: BYU, Virginia fans share...
- Nick Emery's freshman season at BYU filled...
- Red-hot Utah Jazz enter the danger zone
- Utah football: Delshawn McClellon announces...
- Rock On: Jabari's guide to Utah
- High school wrestling: Perennial powers...
- Utah State's Evans has been on a 'long journey'
- Utes drop heartbreaker at Oregon State,... 103
- Cold-shooting BYU loses stunner to... 67
- Morning links: BYU, Virginia fans share... 39
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake hired... 33
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake wants former... 33
- Nick Emery's freshman season at BYU... 32
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Harvey Unga to... 30
- Cougars regrouping, going back on the... 24