It may be the group's third in its series of tribute albums, but "The Work, a follow-up to "Joseph" and "The Trek," has the same strong sense of mission. Iin fact, it's all about missions, missionaries, their parents and families, and the people they find and teach.
Nashville songwriter and producer Jason Deere shares the music and stories behind these songs, which is an unexpected collaboration with Michael McLean. The goal of the Nashville Tribute Band members on this album is to help anyone of any faith understand the motivation and sacrifice of the missionaries they see on the streets around the world.
That's this week on The Cricket and Seagull.
Steven Kapp Perry is an award-winning songwriter, playwright and broadcaster — the host of FM100's "Soft Sunday Sounds" and The Cricket and Seagull Fireside Chat podcast on Mormon Times. Contact: StevenKappPerry.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.
- LDS Church alters Christmas devotional tradition
- Mormon-raised Paul Walker remembered for...
- Seeing is believing: Doctor, family say...
- 10 things to do with an LDS account
- BYU's linebacker Kyle Van Noy engaged to Miss...
- Faith sustained author through rejection,...
- LDS apostles return to southern South America...
- 'The Voice' fans angry about replacement of...
- Mormon-raised Paul Walker remembered... 58
- Croatians vote against same-sex marriage 49
- Cardinal Dolan says Catholic church... 35
- Court: Mormon church, members not... 34
- Seeing is believing: Doctor, family say... 30
- BYU's linebacker Kyle Van Noy engaged... 27
- Notre Dame sues over health care law's... 25
- Ask Angela: Woman shares update on... 20