It may be the group's third in its series of tribute albums, but "The Work, a follow-up to "Joseph" and "The Trek," has the same strong sense of mission. Iin fact, it's all about missions, missionaries, their parents and families, and the people they find and teach.
Nashville songwriter and producer Jason Deere shares the music and stories behind these songs, which is an unexpected collaboration with Michael McLean. The goal of the Nashville Tribute Band members on this album is to help anyone of any faith understand the motivation and sacrifice of the missionaries they see on the streets around the world.
That's this week on The Cricket and Seagull.
Steven Kapp Perry is an award-winning songwriter, playwright and broadcaster — the host of FM100's "Soft Sunday Sounds" and The Cricket and Seagull Fireside Chat podcast on Mormon Times. Contact: StevenKappPerry.com and email@example.com.
- BYU coach, players answer questions at fireside
- President Uchtdorf visits Provo City Center...
- Elder David E. Sorensen, former executive...
- What does heaven look like? Here are 10...
- Watch: Mormon missionaries save baby ducks
- Well-prepared Scouts rescue couple off Mount...
- LDS Church releases video about overcoming...
- 'True compassion': Members of the LDS...
- Ask Angela: I'm not getting married in... 90
- LDS Church releases video about... 43
- Defending the Faith: Paul and his list... 24
- LDS stake presidency participates in... 19
- BYU coach, players answer questions at... 11
- John Lennon's killer: My life is all... 8
- Want to keep your faith in college?... 7
- Is James Foley a martyr? A brutal death... 7