It may be the group's third in its series of tribute albums, but "The Work, a follow-up to "Joseph" and "The Trek," has the same strong sense of mission. Iin fact, it's all about missions, missionaries, their parents and families, and the people they find and teach.
Nashville songwriter and producer Jason Deere shares the music and stories behind these songs, which is an unexpected collaboration with Michael McLean. The goal of the Nashville Tribute Band members on this album is to help anyone of any faith understand the motivation and sacrifice of the missionaries they see on the streets around the world.
That's this week on The Cricket and Seagull.
Steven Kapp Perry is an award-winning songwriter, playwright and broadcaster — the host of FM100's "Soft Sunday Sounds" and The Cricket and Seagull Fireside Chat podcast on Mormon Times. Contact: StevenKappPerry.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Elder Holland, David Archuleta promote 'Meet...
- Utah woman writes new verse for LDS Cultural...
- Carrie Underwood shares her Christian faith...
- Thousands gather for LDS Women's Meeting
- Defending the Faith: Thinking clearly about...
- President Uchtdorf: 'Live the gospel joyful'
- LDS general conference marks 90th, 65th...
- 2 LDS teens create video to share Mormon beliefs
- Defending the Faith: Thinking clearly... 92
- New Jersey teen to join fight against... 62
- Republicans rallying behind religious... 32
- FamilySearch provides LDS members with... 17
- LDS Church leaders share excitement for... 13
- 5 things to remember when you think God... 10
- Y. forum speaker focuses defending the... 6
- Here's how you and your spouse can... 3