It may be the group's third in its series of tribute albums, but "The Work, a follow-up to "Joseph" and "The Trek," has the same strong sense of mission. Iin fact, it's all about missions, missionaries, their parents and families, and the people they find and teach.
Nashville songwriter and producer Jason Deere shares the music and stories behind these songs, which is an unexpected collaboration with Michael McLean. The goal of the Nashville Tribute Band members on this album is to help anyone of any faith understand the motivation and sacrifice of the missionaries they see on the streets around the world.
That's this week on The Cricket and Seagull.
Steven Kapp Perry is an award-winning songwriter, playwright and broadcaster — the host of FM100's "Soft Sunday Sounds" and The Cricket and Seagull Fireside Chat podcast on Mormon Times. Contact: StevenKappPerry.com and email@example.com.
- Christmas lights on Temple Square in pictures...
- Mormon missionaries shine shoes, teach the...
- LDS missionaries developing strategies to...
- LDS Church alters Christmas devotional tradition
- Mormon-raised Paul Walker remembered for...
- LDS growth in India draws media attention
- Space and religion: How believers view latest...
- Tips for LDS bloggers from the 'ultimate...
- Mormon-raised Paul Walker remembered... 63
- Cardinal Dolan says Catholic church... 38
- Notre Dame sues over health care law's... 31
- BYU's linebacker Kyle Van Noy engaged... 29
- Seeing is believing: Doctor, family say... 25
- LDS Church alters Christmas devotional... 23
- Defending the Faith: 'Pleased as man... 20
- LDS missionaries developing strategies... 18