Blue roundup: Former Y. tight end Dennis Pitta vying to be starter for Baltimore Ravens
Now that the tight end Todd Heap has left the Baltimore Ravens for the Arizona Cardinals, the door is open for former BYU star Dennis Pitta to step into a possible role as a starter with the Ravens.
Pitta will be battling with Ed Dickson, who was also drafted by Baltimore last season.
"It's a big deal," Pitta said. "Obviously, everyone wants to be a starter in this league and that's my goal and I know it's everybody's goal, so I'm working and preparing myself to do so."
-- Here's a breakdown of the nation's independents from NBCSports.com.
"These are uncharted waters for BYU, who will now be exploring life outside a conference," writes Ben Kercheval. "The Cougars had to experience some growing pains last season with true freshman quarterback Jake Heaps, but Bronco Mendenhall’s squad finished strong, winning five of their last seven regular-season games. Look for the Cougars to get back to 10 wins this year."
This Los Angeles Times article mentions BYU a couple of times in regard to college football games to circle on the calendar.
SI.com's Stewart Mandel mentions BYU's Uona Kaveinga as one of several USC transfers expected to make an impact this season.
- From Ben Simmons down, international players...
- Facing Argentina, Messi in Copa semis not...
- WNBA undefeated: Lynx host Sparks for 20th...
- Cleveland set to hold parade for NBA champion...
- Deseret News podcast: 2016 NBA draft preview
- A look at how freshmen have fared with NBA...
- High school softball: A closer look at this...
- New Rome mayor maintains opposition to 2024...
- Morning links: Athlon ranks Utah FBS... 89
- BYU football receives commitment from... 63
- Utah football to host Weber State in 2021 41
- Kyle Whittingham says Utah Utes... 37
- Utah Jazz to acquire Indiana Pacers PG... 37
- Jakob Poeltl to the Utah Jazz? It's... 25
- Morning links: ESPN analysts critical... 24
- Morning links: Warriors feel Andrew... 22