CBSSports.com profiles Utah coach Kyle Whittingham and the Utes' move to the Pac-12.
"I have to say, the University of Utah had been hoping to join the Pac-10 for 25 years," Whittingham told the website. "This is something that has been a long time in the making. It's a tribute to many, many, many great athletes that have come through our athletic department and the many great coaches who have laid the groundwork for something like this to happen."
The Utes open camp today and Pac-12 play Sept. 10 at USC.
— Ex-Utah cornerback and NFL rookie Brandon Burton made a big play in camp for the Minnesota Vikings.
— Sione Pouha and the New York Jets are adjusting to the NFL's new ban on two-a-days.
— Former Ute Sean Smith received a wake-up call from the Miami Dolphins early last season.
— Christian Cox signed with the New England Patriots earlier this week.
- Utes leave the Big House with a large win, 26-10
- BYU football: Virginia disappointed but...
- Dick Harmon: Virginia tries for upset, but...
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and...
- Sunday morning quarterback: Stars and stats...
- Brad Rock: Utah's Travis Wilson needs another...
- Sorensen: Rare for both BYU and Utah to be...
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 86
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 75
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia 51
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- Go long? So far, deep passes not a big... 40
- 7 reasons why the BYU Cougars will go... 36
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and... 35
- Dick Harmon: Utes, Aggies, Cougars have... 33