Police: Man steals beer, then tells clerk where officers can find him
SALT LAKE CITY — A 29-year-old man was arrested Tuesday after allegedly stealing beer and then waiting for police to come and find him.
The man walked into a 7-Eleven near 1353 W. Indiana Ave. (850 South) around 10 p.m. He went to the cooler and took two 40 oz. bottles of beer from the cooler, walked to the counter and informed the clerk he was "taking it," a Salt Lake police report states.
He then told the clerk he would be waiting for police officers at the park around the corner. When an initial police officer arrived, the man challenged him to a fight.
"Another officer arrived on scene as (the man) was getting ready to fight," the report states. "At that time (the man) tried to punch the officers."
A struggle ensued, but the man was taken into custody and booked into jail for investigation of assault on a police officer, retail theft, resisting arrest and open container.
— Emiley Morgan
- President Monson rededicates Ogden Utah Temple
- Little Emmanuel's journey home a tale of...
- The ghosts under our feet: 88...
- Mothers of kidnapped Bountiful girls speak out
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- Mountain lion caught in Foothill neighborhood...
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to live
- Q-and-A with Val Hale: a 'pretty...
- Supporters for traditional marriage... 162
- Pro same-sex marriage group responds to... 83
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to... 38
- Police release names of officers... 37
- Mitt Romney to campaign for Mia Love in... 18
- Can Utah solve its surprising binge... 17
- The ghosts under our feet: 88... 10
- Martin MacNeill gets maximum sentence... 10