Police: Man steals beer, then tells clerk where officers can find him
SALT LAKE CITY — A 29-year-old man was arrested Tuesday after allegedly stealing beer and then waiting for police to come and find him.
The man walked into a 7-Eleven near 1353 W. Indiana Ave. (850 South) around 10 p.m. He went to the cooler and took two 40 oz. bottles of beer from the cooler, walked to the counter and informed the clerk he was "taking it," a Salt Lake police report states.
He then told the clerk he would be waiting for police officers at the park around the corner. When an initial police officer arrived, the man challenged him to a fight.
"Another officer arrived on scene as (the man) was getting ready to fight," the report states. "At that time (the man) tried to punch the officers."
A struggle ensued, but the man was taken into custody and booked into jail for investigation of assault on a police officer, retail theft, resisting arrest and open container.
— Emiley Morgan
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church property...
- Survivor of Trolley Square massacre urges...
- Salt Lake County may downsize, close South...
- Deer attacks man in Draper backyard, police say
- Two rescued after falling through ice at...
- 2016 Sterling Scholar candidates
- Police investigating rape of woman attacked...
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences' for teen...
- Supporters of Oregon occupier honor... 56
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church... 38
- Meagan Grunwald won't get a new trial... 26
- Survivor of Trolley Square massacre... 24
- Paradigm shift: Fewer Utah juvenile... 18
- Woman killed by mixer at Sandy grocery... 16
- Video involving officer whose ear was... 15
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences'... 14