Police: Man steals beer, then tells clerk where officers can find him
SALT LAKE CITY — A 29-year-old man was arrested Tuesday after allegedly stealing beer and then waiting for police to come and find him.
The man walked into a 7-Eleven near 1353 W. Indiana Ave. (850 South) around 10 p.m. He went to the cooler and took two 40 oz. bottles of beer from the cooler, walked to the counter and informed the clerk he was "taking it," a Salt Lake police report states.
He then told the clerk he would be waiting for police officers at the park around the corner. When an initial police officer arrived, the man challenged him to a fight.
"Another officer arrived on scene as (the man) was getting ready to fight," the report states. "At that time (the man) tried to punch the officers."
A struggle ensued, but the man was taken into custody and booked into jail for investigation of assault on a police officer, retail theft, resisting arrest and open container.
— Emiley Morgan
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake...
- BYU grad strikes gold teaching via online...
- Searchers locate missing family of Olympian...
- Draper man dies from injuries in house explosion
- Springville homes evacuated after fireworks...
- Summer Sounds: Train, The Wallflowers play...
- Healing souls, healing a mountain
- A photographic look back at the Days of '47...
- Federal land managers criticized over... 24
- Renewable energy advocates decry... 18
- Habitual offender arrested in alleged... 16
- Utah State Fairpark and Real Salt Lake... 15
- Student attitudes changing on healthy... 14
- 'No trespassing' sign may not stop... 13
- Ogden police shoot dog that was... 10
- Satellites track drought-driven... 9