Police: Man steals beer, then tells clerk where officers can find him
SALT LAKE CITY — A 29-year-old man was arrested Tuesday after allegedly stealing beer and then waiting for police to come and find him.
The man walked into a 7-Eleven near 1353 W. Indiana Ave. (850 South) around 10 p.m. He went to the cooler and took two 40 oz. bottles of beer from the cooler, walked to the counter and informed the clerk he was "taking it," a Salt Lake police report states.
He then told the clerk he would be waiting for police officers at the park around the corner. When an initial police officer arrived, the man challenged him to a fight.
"Another officer arrived on scene as (the man) was getting ready to fight," the report states. "At that time (the man) tried to punch the officers."
A struggle ensued, but the man was taken into custody and booked into jail for investigation of assault on a police officer, retail theft, resisting arrest and open container.
— Emiley Morgan
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Roy home destroyed in fire
- Man shot by roommate in Holladay, police say
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 29
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 19
- LDS Church asks court to void subpoena... 11
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 10
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument... 9
- Women underrepresented across Utah's... 8
- Brother, sister hugged each other as... 8