Blue roundup: BYU's Matt Reynolds listed as one of nation's top players
Brian Nicholson, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — BYU's offense is deep, talented and experienced. Leading the way is senior left tackle Matt Reynolds, who has started all 39 games of his career.
The Outland Trophy candidate anchors an offensive line that returns four starters from a year ago.
Reynolds is listed No. 24 on Rivals.com's top 100 players in the nation.
"This local product was the lone freshman starter on a veteran line in 2008," says the Rivals.com report. "Now he’s the unquestioned leader of the group after earning All-Mountain West honors in each of the past two seasons. He did that despite playing with a banged-up shoulder for much of last season. Now healthy, he will be an All-America candidate and potentially high draft pick this season as he protects sophomore QB Jake Heaps."
Former Cougar receiver Austin Collie, who suffered a couple of concussions last season with the Indianapolis Colts, has been cleared to play. “It’s good, it feels good,” Collie told Colts.com. “It feels good to be back with the guys and make sure that we’re all on the same page to get going It was fun, just going through the plays and asking questions. It feels good to be back with the team and be part of it again.”
BYU opens the 2011 season on Sept. 3 at Ole Miss. Here's a look at Cougar-Rebel game from the Ole Miss perspective.
This website ranks BYU No. 34 in the country.
- Mired in 3-game losing streak, BYU preparing...
- Already impressing: Utah Jazz rookie Dante...
- Amy Donaldson: Not deciding on a starting...
- Midseason recap and awards for BYU and Utah
- Utah Jazz give key starters a break in 98-91...
- Utes continue Pac-12 'meat grinder' with...
- Sunday morning quarterback: Stars and stats...
- Booker-ing ram and broken dreams: Midseason...
- Utes top Oregon State in double overtime 114
- Nevada rallies to beat BYU, 42-35 68
- Dick Harmon: BYU amasses yards but... 49
- Mired in 3-game losing streak, BYU... 45
- FBS football coaches vote BYU most... 32
- Peavler: Penalties out of control at BYU 28
- Brad Rock: Utes have their star in... 27
- College football: Utah rises to No. 19... 25