Blue roundup: BYU's Matt Reynolds listed as one of nation's top players
Brian Nicholson, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — BYU's offense is deep, talented and experienced. Leading the way is senior left tackle Matt Reynolds, who has started all 39 games of his career.
The Outland Trophy candidate anchors an offensive line that returns four starters from a year ago.
Reynolds is listed No. 24 on Rivals.com's top 100 players in the nation.
"This local product was the lone freshman starter on a veteran line in 2008," says the Rivals.com report. "Now he’s the unquestioned leader of the group after earning All-Mountain West honors in each of the past two seasons. He did that despite playing with a banged-up shoulder for much of last season. Now healthy, he will be an All-America candidate and potentially high draft pick this season as he protects sophomore QB Jake Heaps."
Former Cougar receiver Austin Collie, who suffered a couple of concussions last season with the Indianapolis Colts, has been cleared to play. “It’s good, it feels good,” Collie told Colts.com. “It feels good to be back with the guys and make sure that we’re all on the same page to get going It was fun, just going through the plays and asking questions. It feels good to be back with the team and be part of it again.”
BYU opens the 2011 season on Sept. 3 at Ole Miss. Here's a look at Cougar-Rebel game from the Ole Miss perspective.
This website ranks BYU No. 34 in the country.
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center stage...
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10
- BYU's suspended players expected to be back...
- BYU coach, players answer questions at fireside
- High school football: Friday's roundup
- Dick Harmon: BYU victory comes with 4 rookies...
- Saturday morning quarterback: 3 stars and...
- Daniel Sorensen makes Chiefs 53-man roster,...
- College football predictions: How will... 141
- The good, the bad and the most likely:... 63
- First steps: Utes open season with... 63
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 56
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 55
- Brad Rock: One thing already missing in... 50
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 48