Jabari Parker is regarded as one of the top high school basketball players in the country, and he is a top prospect in the Class of 2013.
Parker, who is a member of the LDS Church, recently told National Hoops Report that his interest in BYU is "pretty serious."
“They keep on recruiting me and I’m showing interest in them, too," Parker said. "I don’t have any favorites, but they are in there.”
Among the other schools recruiting Parker include Duke, Michigan State, Illinois, Washington and Kansas.
Writes Bobby Bancroft, "As is the case with every five-star player, Parker has plenty of potential destinations at the next level and is quite busy dealing with all of those suitors in the month of July. From the sound of things, the Chicago native is taking things in stride and moving at his own pace."
Duke coach Mike Krzyzewski has reportedly compared Parker to Kobe Bryant and Grant Hill.
Meanwhile, former BYU quarterback John Beck has begun his battle to become the Washington Redskins starter. Beck is the starter according to the depth chart, though coach Mike Shanahan likely won't name a starter until after the end of the preseason.
- Ex-Ute gets gift of life with new heart from...
- BYU Cougars happy to have Saturday afternoon...
- No. 21 BYU faces opportunistic, upset-minded...
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with...
- Friday night lights central, week 5: Scores,...
- Dick Harmon: Fredette family discusses...
- BYU vs. Virginia primer
- High school football: Felt's Facts for Week...
- Utah football: Utes' 2015 schedule... 107
- BYU center Tejan Koroma's penalty... 78
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 71
- Red and Blue Recruits: Breaking down... 62
- Dick Harmon: Is BYU quarterback Taysom... 54
- If BYU and Utah played on the gridiron... 50
- No. 21 BYU preparing for a Virginia... 50
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 44