Jabari Parker is regarded as one of the top high school basketball players in the country, and he is a top prospect in the Class of 2013.
Parker, who is a member of the LDS Church, recently told National Hoops Report that his interest in BYU is "pretty serious."
“They keep on recruiting me and I’m showing interest in them, too," Parker said. "I don’t have any favorites, but they are in there.”
Among the other schools recruiting Parker include Duke, Michigan State, Illinois, Washington and Kansas.
Writes Bobby Bancroft, "As is the case with every five-star player, Parker has plenty of potential destinations at the next level and is quite busy dealing with all of those suitors in the month of July. From the sound of things, the Chicago native is taking things in stride and moving at his own pace."
Duke coach Mike Krzyzewski has reportedly compared Parker to Kobe Bryant and Grant Hill.
Meanwhile, former BYU quarterback John Beck has begun his battle to become the Washington Redskins starter. Beck is the starter according to the depth chart, though coach Mike Shanahan likely won't name a starter until after the end of the preseason.
- BYU football: A look at the Cougars' schedule...
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands Aggies...
- Apo looking forward to another trip to Texas
- Rock On: Utah, please play Idaho State annually
- BYU football: Texas quarterback David Ash out...
- BYU football notebook: Coaches make notable...
- The 2014 Heisman Trophy tracker
- Texas will be without starting QB, center for...
- First steps: Utes open season with... 66
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center... 62
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 59
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 56
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 49
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands... 31
- BYU notebook: Cougars commit a plethora... 28
- BYU's suspended players expected to be... 28