Jabari Parker is regarded as one of the top high school basketball players in the country, and he is a top prospect in the Class of 2013.
Parker, who is a member of the LDS Church, recently told National Hoops Report that his interest in BYU is "pretty serious."
“They keep on recruiting me and I’m showing interest in them, too," Parker said. "I don’t have any favorites, but they are in there.”
Among the other schools recruiting Parker include Duke, Michigan State, Illinois, Washington and Kansas.
Writes Bobby Bancroft, "As is the case with every five-star player, Parker has plenty of potential destinations at the next level and is quite busy dealing with all of those suitors in the month of July. From the sound of things, the Chicago native is taking things in stride and moving at his own pace."
Duke coach Mike Krzyzewski has reportedly compared Parker to Kobe Bryant and Grant Hill.
Meanwhile, former BYU quarterback John Beck has begun his battle to become the Washington Redskins starter. Beck is the starter according to the depth chart, though coach Mike Shanahan likely won't name a starter until after the end of the preseason.
- Utah Jazz: A look at each player's contract...
- Dick Harmon: The Mangum brothers are a...
- Salt Lake marathon is first win for Lehi...
- Utah's second spring scrimmage is 'a dead heat'
- Doug Robinson: The high cost of coaches
- Utah gymnastics: Red Rocks finish second to...
- Optimism abounds for the Utah Jazz's future
- Utah Jazz: Future of Trevor Booker, Joe...
- Former BYU star Ena fitting in well at... 76
- Utah football: Dres Anderson shines in... 58
- Morning links: Krystkowiak shares his... 32
- Rose still has lofty goals for BYU's... 30
- Dick Harmon: Careers of Aaron... 25
- Mountain West Conference announces... 22
- Morning links: Booker ends the year... 17
- Video: Utah football coaches revved up... 16