Jabari Parker is regarded as one of the top high school basketball players in the country, and he is a top prospect in the Class of 2013.
Parker, who is a member of the LDS Church, recently told National Hoops Report that his interest in BYU is "pretty serious."
“They keep on recruiting me and I’m showing interest in them, too," Parker said. "I don’t have any favorites, but they are in there.”
Among the other schools recruiting Parker include Duke, Michigan State, Illinois, Washington and Kansas.
Writes Bobby Bancroft, "As is the case with every five-star player, Parker has plenty of potential destinations at the next level and is quite busy dealing with all of those suitors in the month of July. From the sound of things, the Chicago native is taking things in stride and moving at his own pace."
Duke coach Mike Krzyzewski has reportedly compared Parker to Kobe Bryant and Grant Hill.
Meanwhile, former BYU quarterback John Beck has begun his battle to become the Washington Redskins starter. Beck is the starter according to the depth chart, though coach Mike Shanahan likely won't name a starter until after the end of the preseason.
- Deseret News podcast: 2016 NBA draft preview
- A look at how freshmen have fared with NBA...
- New Rome mayor maintains opposition to 2024...
- Former NBA MVP Derrick Rose traded from Bulls...
- NHL coming to Las Vegas; New team to start...
- Massive crowd engulfs Cleveland, champion...
- Chile beats Colombia 2-0 to return to Copa...
- Ben Simmons, Brandon Ingram and intrigue...
- Morning links: Athlon ranks Utah FBS... 89
- Never on Sunday: BYU won't compete on... 76
- Utah Jazz to acquire Indiana Pacers PG... 37
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 28
- Morning links: ESPN analysts critical... 27
- Utah basketball: Poeltl taken by... 16
- Brad Rock: Jazz move up playoff... 14
- Families grapple with the pressure to... 14