Jabari Parker is regarded as one of the top high school basketball players in the country, and he is a top prospect in the Class of 2013.
Parker, who is a member of the LDS Church, recently told National Hoops Report that his interest in BYU is "pretty serious."
“They keep on recruiting me and I’m showing interest in them, too," Parker said. "I don’t have any favorites, but they are in there.”
Among the other schools recruiting Parker include Duke, Michigan State, Illinois, Washington and Kansas.
Writes Bobby Bancroft, "As is the case with every five-star player, Parker has plenty of potential destinations at the next level and is quite busy dealing with all of those suitors in the month of July. From the sound of things, the Chicago native is taking things in stride and moving at his own pace."
Duke coach Mike Krzyzewski has reportedly compared Parker to Kobe Bryant and Grant Hill.
Meanwhile, former BYU quarterback John Beck has begun his battle to become the Washington Redskins starter. Beck is the starter according to the depth chart, though coach Mike Shanahan likely won't name a starter until after the end of the preseason.
- Former BYU running back Luke Staley paying a...
- Morning links: Bronson Kaufusi could be on...
- Dick Harmon: Sitake is taking advantage of...
- Free agent roundup: Where local prospects are...
- For some Jazz players, their future is up in...
- Utah State football: Offensive lineman Tyshon...
- Bronco-bound Booker is Utah's only NFL draftee
- 41-year-old mom looking to join U.S. team,...
- Former BYU running back Luke Staley... 116
- Bronco-bound Booker is Utah's only NFL... 76
- Big 12 would be better off expanding,... 71
- Former BYU quarterback Jake Heaps signs... 33
- Report: Utah's Poeltl, Weber State's... 27
- Dick Harmon: SUU, Kaufusi big winners... 27
- Morning links: Taysom Hill a Top 25... 17
- Free agent roundup: Where local... 16