Elder and Sister Gates
New building: These missionaries in the Congo give us a glimpse at the process of renovating a new building to accommodate the growth in membership: “The work should start Aug. 8 and be completed in 60 days. The building is three stories. We are gutting out the two apartments on the first floor to make a chapel area. The other two floors (three apartments) are perfect for all the auxiliaries to have all sizes of meeting rooms.” Plus there are photos. Check it out!
Sharing Time: It’s August, so let’s jump right in with some “August 2011 Primary Sharing Time Helps” that include trying on modest clothing, making fruit salad, and many more. If you’re needing some good Primary sharing time ideas (or try these for family home evening) then check out these creative ideas.
Family home evening: It’s Monday, so let’s jump right in with a sweet “Family Home Evening Lesson: Sidewalk Service.” It’s incredibly easy to put this activity together, but oh so rewarding. Learn more about teaching your family the importance of serving others.
Emily W. Jensen updates “Today in the Bloggernacle” on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, presenting the best of from the world of LDS-oriented blog sites. Her extended “Bloggernacle Back Bench” appears on Tuesdays.
- Katie Couric interviews Mormon mom from Cute...
- Provo's waffle truck started by a motivated...
- When Mormon pioneers left was often a...
- Mormon couple celebrates 75 years of true love
- Ground Zero cross can stay at 9/11 museum,...
- New report says 2013 was 'the largest...
- Local Muslims end Ramadan with celebration
- Wright Words: Bad days are inevitable —...
- Hamblin & Peterson: Constantine's... 25
- After government topples crosses in... 19
- 66,511 volunteers set FamilySearch... 17
- What life was like for the Mormon... 16
- Provo's waffle truck started by a... 14
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Reba McEntire... 13
- When Mormon pioneers left was often a... 8
- Thirty countries require leaders to... 5