BYU roundup: Redskins QB John Beck still not household face in D.C.
Carolyn Kaster, Associated Press
Former BYU quarterback John Beck appears to have found a home with the Washington Redskins, but not everybody in the nation's capital knows who he is.
Coach Mike Shanahan has been effusive in his praise of Beck, who could be the Redskins' starter this season. Yet Beck was denied entry into the team's facilities this week when the security guard failed to recognize him.
This blog from the Washington Post points out that Stanford's newly bearded quarterback, Andrew Luck, is more recognizable than Beck. Luck is expected to be the No. 1 overall pick in next year's NFL draft.
"Now might be an appropriate time for Redskins Park security guards to start studying mug shots of a man they may see a great deal of next summer," writes Matt Brooks. "Just be sure to get an updated photo."
BYU has released its fireside schedule for the 2011 season. Read more about it here.
BYU's Daily Universe reports that season ticket sales are "on pace" with last year.
- Former BYU running back Luke Staley paying a...
- Morning links: Bronson Kaufusi could be on...
- Dick Harmon: Sitake is taking advantage of...
- Free agent roundup: Where local prospects are...
- For some Jazz players, their future is up in...
- Utah State football: Offensive lineman Tyshon...
- Bronco-bound Booker is Utah's only NFL draftee
- 41-year-old mom looking to join U.S. team,...
- Former BYU running back Luke Staley... 116
- Bronco-bound Booker is Utah's only NFL... 75
- Big 12 would be better off expanding,... 67
- Guest commentary: BYU football and... 40
- BYU's Kaufusi, selected in 3rd round of... 32
- Former BYU quarterback Jake Heaps signs... 30
- Report: Utah's Poeltl, Weber State's... 27
- Dick Harmon: SUU, Kaufusi big winners... 27