BYU roundup: Redskins QB John Beck still not household face in D.C.
Carolyn Kaster, Associated Press
Former BYU quarterback John Beck appears to have found a home with the Washington Redskins, but not everybody in the nation's capital knows who he is.
Coach Mike Shanahan has been effusive in his praise of Beck, who could be the Redskins' starter this season. Yet Beck was denied entry into the team's facilities this week when the security guard failed to recognize him.
This blog from the Washington Post points out that Stanford's newly bearded quarterback, Andrew Luck, is more recognizable than Beck. Luck is expected to be the No. 1 overall pick in next year's NFL draft.
"Now might be an appropriate time for Redskins Park security guards to start studying mug shots of a man they may see a great deal of next summer," writes Matt Brooks. "Just be sure to get an updated photo."
BYU has released its fireside schedule for the 2011 season. Read more about it here.
BYU's Daily Universe reports that season ticket sales are "on pace" with last year.
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- Utah State set to hire assistant Tim Duryea...
- Brad Rock: The unforgettable Hot Rod Hundley
- Photo gallery: BYU rugby blanks Utah State in...
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- Dick Harmon: Nomadic hoops coach Tony Ingle...
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 39
- Utes went down swinging in Sweet 16... 35
- Morning links: Utah running back's goal... 30
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to... 25
- Dick Harmon: BYU's spring football... 23
- Badger looking to become part of BYU's... 22
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional... 21
- AP All-Americans: Utah's Wright named... 20