BYU roundup: Redskins QB John Beck still not household face in D.C.
Carolyn Kaster, Associated Press
Former BYU quarterback John Beck appears to have found a home with the Washington Redskins, but not everybody in the nation's capital knows who he is.
Coach Mike Shanahan has been effusive in his praise of Beck, who could be the Redskins' starter this season. Yet Beck was denied entry into the team's facilities this week when the security guard failed to recognize him.
This blog from the Washington Post points out that Stanford's newly bearded quarterback, Andrew Luck, is more recognizable than Beck. Luck is expected to be the No. 1 overall pick in next year's NFL draft.
"Now might be an appropriate time for Redskins Park security guards to start studying mug shots of a man they may see a great deal of next summer," writes Matt Brooks. "Just be sure to get an updated photo."
BYU has released its fireside schedule for the 2011 season. Read more about it here.
BYU's Daily Universe reports that season ticket sales are "on pace" with last year.
- Dick Harmon: NFL's Goodell seeks out Ty...
- BYU football: A look at the Cougars'...
- Questions aplenty as Utah Jazz begin training...
- BYU players endured tougher-than-usual...
- No. 18 BYU preparing for two Utah State...
- Ranking the best point guards in the NBA...
- BYU takes advantage of the bye week, moves up...
- For BYU, Utah State is 'featured in-state game'
- Opportunity lost: Utes squander lead,... 281
- BYU takes advantage of the bye week,... 92
- Things won't get any easier for... 67
- Brad Rock: Guaranteed wins don't exist... 51
- Mike Leach, the most interesting man in... 37
- Dick Harmon: Undefeated BYU is on... 37
- Dick Harmon: How will Utes slow down... 31
- Quarterback Travis Wilson, Utes... 28