BYU roundup: Redskins QB John Beck still not household face in D.C.
Carolyn Kaster, Associated Press
Former BYU quarterback John Beck appears to have found a home with the Washington Redskins, but not everybody in the nation's capital knows who he is.
Coach Mike Shanahan has been effusive in his praise of Beck, who could be the Redskins' starter this season. Yet Beck was denied entry into the team's facilities this week when the security guard failed to recognize him.
This blog from the Washington Post points out that Stanford's newly bearded quarterback, Andrew Luck, is more recognizable than Beck. Luck is expected to be the No. 1 overall pick in next year's NFL draft.
"Now might be an appropriate time for Redskins Park security guards to start studying mug shots of a man they may see a great deal of next summer," writes Matt Brooks. "Just be sure to get an updated photo."
BYU has released its fireside schedule for the 2011 season. Read more about it here.
BYU's Daily Universe reports that season ticket sales are "on pace" with last year.
- U. cornerback Hatfield arrested for...
- Class of 2015: Utah high school athletes with...
- Christian Stewart writes final chapter on...
- Mendenhall's coaching tenure at BYU: A decade...
- High school sports: Nearly 650 athletes...
- Jazz in talks with German center Pleiss,...
- Utah Jazz bolster coaching staff on first day...
- Ranking the best free agents in the NBA
- U. cornerback Hatfield arrested for... 61
- Morning links: Fox Sports discusses why... 56
- Amy Donaldson: Former BYU QB Jake... 50
- Morning links: New BYU commit's late... 31
- Dick Harmon: BYU's retired AD Glen... 27
- Morning links: Damian Lillard, Paul... 24
- Mendenhall's coaching tenure at BYU: A... 23
- Jazz not expected to be a major player... 13