BYU roundup: Redskins QB John Beck still not household face in D.C.
Carolyn Kaster, Associated Press
Former BYU quarterback John Beck appears to have found a home with the Washington Redskins, but not everybody in the nation's capital knows who he is.
Coach Mike Shanahan has been effusive in his praise of Beck, who could be the Redskins' starter this season. Yet Beck was denied entry into the team's facilities this week when the security guard failed to recognize him.
This blog from the Washington Post points out that Stanford's newly bearded quarterback, Andrew Luck, is more recognizable than Beck. Luck is expected to be the No. 1 overall pick in next year's NFL draft.
"Now might be an appropriate time for Redskins Park security guards to start studying mug shots of a man they may see a great deal of next summer," writes Matt Brooks. "Just be sure to get an updated photo."
BYU has released its fireside schedule for the 2011 season. Read more about it here.
BYU's Daily Universe reports that season ticket sales are "on pace" with last year.
- Athletes using sports platforms to push for...
- NFL clears Peyton Manning of HGH allegations
- 7 Russian swimmers to miss Rio Olympics over...
- Michael Jordan gives $2 million; looks to...
- Cubs get closer Aroldis Chapman in trade with...
- Roger Federer says he is out for Olympics,...
- Mickelson not close to being over runner-up...
- College Football Playoff moves most future...
- Morning links: BYU's Emery called one... 62
- Big 12 watch: BYU praised for 'excited'... 57
- Big 12 watch: Is BYU the long-term... 57
- Doug Robinson: It's still Hill's time... 51
- Morning links: Utah Jazz on the rise;... 37
- Big 12 watch: BYU's success in football... 33
- Former BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall says... 26
- Former Utah punter Tom Hackett waived... 18