SALT LAKE CITY — The 3rd District Court Judicial Nominating Commission has selected nominees for two vacancies on the district court.
The vacancies result from the retirement of Judge Glen K. Iwasaki and Judge Joseph C. Fratto, which take effect later this year.
The nominees for Iwasaki's vacancy are: James Blanch, of Salt Lake City, a shareholder of Parsons Behle & Latimer; Curtis Garner, of Cottonwood Heights, a member of the Board of Pardons and Parole; Ryan Harris, of Salt Lake City, a shareholder of Jones, Waldo, Holbrook, & McDonough; Elizabeth Hruby-Mills, of Salt Lake City, a shareholder of Richards Brandt Miller Nelson; and Philip Lott, of Sandy, an assistant attorney general for the Utah Attorney General's Office.
The nominees for Fratto's vacancy include Blanch, Garner and Hruby-Mills as well as: S. Grace Acosta, of Salt Lake City, an associate with Scalley Reading Bates Hansen & Rasmussen; and Brent Johnson, of Sandy, general counsel of Utah State Courts.
Individuals may submit written comments to the commission's chairwoman, Deirdre Straight, at Commission on Criminal and Juvenile Justice, P.O. Box 142330, Salt Lake City, UT 84114.
The deadline for written comments is 5 p.m. on Aug. 1. Following the public comment period, the names will be sent to Gov. Gary Herbert, who will have 30 days to make an appointment, which will then be subject to confirmation by the Utah Senate.
- Manti man indicted in Oregon occupation;...
- Lee, Stewart urge action on behalf of BYU...
- Millcreek man found dead near Saltair was...
- Utah delegation urges Obama to refrain from...
- 'He was large, he was angry, he was bloody,'...
- State: EPA didn't clue in Utah on San Juan...
- Inversion tightens grip on Wasatch Front
- BYU's first physics grad earns posthumous Grammy
- Manti man indicted in Oregon... 34
- Survivor of Trolley Square massacre... 32
- IRS raids properties with possible... 20
- Lee, Stewart urge action on behalf of... 18
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences'... 14
- Ex-judge asks Obama to commute sentence... 14
- Utah delegation urges Obama to refrain... 14
- Salt Lake County may downsize, close... 11