SALT LAKE CITY — The 3rd District Court Judicial Nominating Commission has selected nominees for two vacancies on the district court.
The vacancies result from the retirement of Judge Glen K. Iwasaki and Judge Joseph C. Fratto, which take effect later this year.
The nominees for Iwasaki's vacancy are: James Blanch, of Salt Lake City, a shareholder of Parsons Behle & Latimer; Curtis Garner, of Cottonwood Heights, a member of the Board of Pardons and Parole; Ryan Harris, of Salt Lake City, a shareholder of Jones, Waldo, Holbrook, & McDonough; Elizabeth Hruby-Mills, of Salt Lake City, a shareholder of Richards Brandt Miller Nelson; and Philip Lott, of Sandy, an assistant attorney general for the Utah Attorney General's Office.
The nominees for Fratto's vacancy include Blanch, Garner and Hruby-Mills as well as: S. Grace Acosta, of Salt Lake City, an associate with Scalley Reading Bates Hansen & Rasmussen; and Brent Johnson, of Sandy, general counsel of Utah State Courts.
Individuals may submit written comments to the commission's chairwoman, Deirdre Straight, at Commission on Criminal and Juvenile Justice, P.O. Box 142330, Salt Lake City, UT 84114.
The deadline for written comments is 5 p.m. on Aug. 1. Following the public comment period, the names will be sent to Gov. Gary Herbert, who will have 30 days to make an appointment, which will then be subject to confirmation by the Utah Senate.
- Living on the edge: North Salt Lake residents...
- One man dead after attempted carjacking in Orem
- LDS artist J. Kirk Richards says leaps of...
- Who should pay? City, developer, residents at...
- Pleasant Grove homeowner shoot, kills man in...
- Report highlights earth-shattering increases...
- Lutheran, LDS leaders forge common ground...
- 11 signs you're a Jeep driver
- Outcome of same-sex marriage case hard... 54
- One man dead after attempted carjacking... 32
- Herbert, legislative leaders starting... 29
- Mitt Romney tells UVU grads to 'live a... 22
- Poll: Majority of Salt Lake City... 14
- Governor, legislators leave 'baggage'... 12
- Attorney: Woman on trial in deputy's... 10
- Jury convicts San Juan County... 10