SALT LAKE CITY — The 3rd District Court Judicial Nominating Commission has selected nominees for two vacancies on the district court.
The vacancies result from the retirement of Judge Glen K. Iwasaki and Judge Joseph C. Fratto, which take effect later this year.
The nominees for Iwasaki's vacancy are: James Blanch, of Salt Lake City, a shareholder of Parsons Behle & Latimer; Curtis Garner, of Cottonwood Heights, a member of the Board of Pardons and Parole; Ryan Harris, of Salt Lake City, a shareholder of Jones, Waldo, Holbrook, & McDonough; Elizabeth Hruby-Mills, of Salt Lake City, a shareholder of Richards Brandt Miller Nelson; and Philip Lott, of Sandy, an assistant attorney general for the Utah Attorney General's Office.
The nominees for Fratto's vacancy include Blanch, Garner and Hruby-Mills as well as: S. Grace Acosta, of Salt Lake City, an associate with Scalley Reading Bates Hansen & Rasmussen; and Brent Johnson, of Sandy, general counsel of Utah State Courts.
Individuals may submit written comments to the commission's chairwoman, Deirdre Straight, at Commission on Criminal and Juvenile Justice, P.O. Box 142330, Salt Lake City, UT 84114.
The deadline for written comments is 5 p.m. on Aug. 1. Following the public comment period, the names will be sent to Gov. Gary Herbert, who will have 30 days to make an appointment, which will then be subject to confirmation by the Utah Senate.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer for...
- Police: ICU evacuated after man barricades...
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 94
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 29
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- LDS Church asks court to void subpoena... 11
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument... 9
- Women underrepresented across Utah's... 8
- Brother, sister hugged each other as... 8
- Prosecutors say Jeremy Johnson should... 7