A calendar of LDS-themed events from around the United States and Canada.
Ozark YSA: Regional YSA conference, June 24-26, Springdale/Fayetteville (register at ozarkysa.com)
Temple Hill: "How Great the Love" mixed-media art exhibit, through July 31, 9 a.m.-9 p.m.; Pioneer Day musical celebration, "My Father's Field," July 23, 7:30 p.m., Oakland Temple Hill Interstake Center, 4770 Lincoln Ave., Oakland
Orange County Single Adults (31 and up): Conference, Elder Shayne Bowen, Brad Wilcox, Alisa Goodwin Snell, Craig Jessop, Marvin Goldstein, Vanessa Joy, Aug 4-7 (see ocbcconference.com for registration and schedule)
San Diego: Mormon Night with the San Diego Padres vs. Atlanta Braves, June 25, Petco Park
San Francisco: LDS Night at the San Francisco Giants vs. San Diego, July 5, 7:15 p.m. (contact Cameron Lochte at email@example.com or 415-972-2254 to order 25 or more group tickets)
Los Angeles Temple Visitors' Center: Japanese fireside, July 10, 5 p.m.; "O Say Can You Sing," with Barbara Dodge, July 11, 7 p.m.; David Blasucci and friends, July 15, 7 p.m.; "Of Patriots and Pioneers," by Tapestry, July 23, 7 p.m.; "A Special Destiny," multicultural pioneer memories, July 30, 3 p.m. and 4:30 p.m.
Bay Area Genesis Group: Gathering of Sisters, June 25, 4:30 p.m., Oakland Temple Hill Interstake Center, 4770 Lincoln Ave., Oakland
Tampa Bay YSA: YSA Conference, June 24-26, 13510 North 42nd Street, Tampa (for registration information, see www.wix.com/tampabayysa/conference2011#!register)
Boise: Organ Fireworks! concert, Mormon Tabernacle organist Richard Elliott, July 4, 7:30 p.m., First United Methodist Church, 717 N. 11th St., Boise (see www.idahotickets.com for ticket information)
Moscow institute: Summer institute class, Tuesdays, through July 26, 7 p.m., Moscow Idaho Student Stake Center
Nauvoo: Sunday Sociables, Sundays, 7 p.m., Historic Nauvoo Visitors' Center (see www.historicnauvoo.net)
Carthage: Martyrdom remembrance, June 28, 4:15 p.m., Carthage
BYU Vocal Point: June 25, 27, 28, July 2, 7:30 p.m., Nauvoo Outdoor Stage, Nauvoo; July 1, 5 p.m., Fairfield Arts and Convention Center, Fairfield, Iowa (see pam.byu.edu)
Nauvoo Pageant: July 5-30, Tuesdays-Saturdays, 8:30 p.m.; southwest of the reconstructed Nauvoo Temple country fair, 7 p.m.
- Jerry Earl Johnston: Euphemisms can't capture...
- Ground broken for Star Valley Wyoming Temple
- LDS Church to create Central Eurasian Mission...
- 'As great as hosting the Olympics': Utah's...
- 21 Shakespeare quotes shared in LDS general...
- 27 more tips for couples: Marriage advice,...
- Q-and-A with Elder Oaks: Protecting religious...
- Elder Perry to undergo cancer treatment,...
- Q-and-A with Elder Oaks: Protecting... 110
- Defending the Faith: Warfare and the... 67
- Spiritual journey leads 3-term U.S.... 51
- Jerry Earl Johnston: Euphemisms can't... 31
- 5 professional athletes who stand up... 22
- Why is BYU honoring Robby George, and... 21
- Faith leaders call for religious... 17
- The best (and worst) countries for... 16