"I lost it fast, but if I can do it, anyone can do it," she said. "I was a total couch potato. You can find time in the morning or after work. You just need to move to lose."
And, don't shy away from the gym because you think you're too heavy, she advised.
"That's what the fitness center is there for. I was so intimidated going to a gym, but they are for heavy people, not just people who are already in shape. Find one that will show you how to use the machines and give you a program to follow, so you don't get intimidated. A personal trainer is great, but if you can't afford one, go to the exercise classes. There are all sizes in the classes."
Also thrilling was hearing her body fat statistics.
"I went from 52 percent body fat to 22 percent. That's an athlete. And I can't believe my kness. They were so bad before, because I was carrying an extra 125 pounds. And my sleep apnea is gone."
And now, she'll be job hunting. She half-jokes that her ideal job would be at Costco, "because I would have health insurance and I'd be doing a lot of moving and lifting."
She hopes to have an opportunity to do motivational speaking, and will be doing some work with Nu Skin as well.
She's especially proud of her daughter Sarah, who looked fabulous at the finale in a hot pink, size 4 knit dress. Sarah actually brought it for her mother to wear.
"It looked good on me, but it looked fabulous on her," Hill said. "The dress I wore was one that I brought with me from Nordstom. I had a lot of neat comments that I looked very beautiful and modest, which was my intent."
- Preparing to split up, LDS General Primary...
- General Women's Session focuses on family, home
- President Henry B. Eyring: 'The Comforter'
- 185th Annual General Conference talk...
- Sister Bonnie L. Oscarson: 'Defenders of the...
- LDS Church releases Easter video, campaign
- From log cabin to university, BYU-Idaho...
- Defending the Faith: Joseph, the stone and...
- Defending the Faith: Joseph, the stone... 165
- Why I don’t call myself a... 92
- 'A marvellous work and a wonder': A... 63
- Heaven can wait, Christian bookstore... 17
- Millennials are the ‘don’t... 16
- General Women's Session focuses on... 12
- State bills to protect religious... 10
- Returning LDS missionary, father... 8