Dr. Kelly Ogden is a professor of ancient scripture at BYU. His book “Happy Like Jesus, Lessons From Jesus Christ On How To Live” talks about the 17 attributes of our Savior and gives us hope that we can emulate those aspects of his personality.
Except from Ogden's book: "President Gordon B. Hinckley was fond of saying, 'Be believing. Be happy. Don't get discouraged. Things will work out.' How could he, and all the other prophets and leaders of the church, be so positive? Because they have the big picture. They know what is coming. Despite all the struggles, hardships, difficulties, ordeals, and even painful afflictions of this life, they know that the glorious cause of the kingdom of God will triumph. Triumph is just a little umph added to try." —Chapter 1, Be Happy
For more information about this book, go to http://deseretbook.com/Happy-Jesus-Lessons-Christ-How-Live-D-Kelly-Ogden/i/5057486.
Also in this segment, we feature missionaries serving around the world. If you'd like to share a picture of a missionary you know, send it to Mormontimes@KSL.com.
- 35 memorable photos from the LDS Church News...
- LDS temples grow ever closer to members
- Danny Ainge speaks about career, Mormon faith
- Elder Holland, David Archuleta promote 'Meet...
- Carrie Underwood shares her Christian faith...
- LDS priesthood restoration site, new movie,...
- 2 LDS teens create video to share Mormon beliefs
- 1964 World's Fair pavilion had far-reaching...
- Republicans rallying behind religious... 32
- FamilySearch provides LDS members with... 18
- LDS Church leaders share excitement for... 14
- LDS temples grow ever closer to members 10
- Elder Holland, David Archuleta promote... 6
- Religious leaders agree ISIS must be... 6
- 1964 World's Fair pavilion had... 5
- LDS priesthood restoration site, new... 5