Dr. Kelly Ogden is a professor of ancient scripture at BYU. His book “Happy Like Jesus, Lessons From Jesus Christ On How To Live” talks about the 17 attributes of our Savior and gives us hope that we can emulate those aspects of his personality.
Except from Ogden's book: "President Gordon B. Hinckley was fond of saying, 'Be believing. Be happy. Don't get discouraged. Things will work out.' How could he, and all the other prophets and leaders of the church, be so positive? Because they have the big picture. They know what is coming. Despite all the struggles, hardships, difficulties, ordeals, and even painful afflictions of this life, they know that the glorious cause of the kingdom of God will triumph. Triumph is just a little umph added to try." —Chapter 1, Be Happy
For more information about this book, go to http://deseretbook.com/Happy-Jesus-Lessons-Christ-How-Live-D-Kelly-Ogden/i/5057486.
Also in this segment, we feature missionaries serving around the world. If you'd like to share a picture of a missionary you know, send it to Mormontimes@KSL.com.
- Preparing to split up, LDS General Primary...
- General Women's Session focuses on family, home
- Photo gallery: Holi festival immerses Utahns...
- 'Killing Jesus' takes up middle ground on...
- LDS Church releases Easter video, campaign
- 185th Annual General Conference talk...
- Defending the Faith: Joseph, the stone and...
- Returning LDS missionary, father battling...
- 11 things you should know about the... 90
- General Women's Session focuses on... 33
- The challenges and blessings of... 31
- State bills to protect religious... 25
- The latest developments on religious... 23
- Taylor Halverson: Learning is becoming... 18
- Millennials are the ‘don’t... 17
- 'Killing Jesus' takes up middle ground... 17