Dr. Kelly Ogden is a professor of ancient scripture at BYU. His book “Happy Like Jesus, Lessons From Jesus Christ On How To Live” talks about the 17 attributes of our Savior and gives us hope that we can emulate those aspects of his personality.
Except from Ogden's book: "President Gordon B. Hinckley was fond of saying, 'Be believing. Be happy. Don't get discouraged. Things will work out.' How could he, and all the other prophets and leaders of the church, be so positive? Because they have the big picture. They know what is coming. Despite all the struggles, hardships, difficulties, ordeals, and even painful afflictions of this life, they know that the glorious cause of the kingdom of God will triumph. Triumph is just a little umph added to try." —Chapter 1, Be Happy
For more information about this book, go to http://deseretbook.com/Happy-Jesus-Lessons-Christ-How-Live-D-Kelly-Ogden/i/5057486.
Also in this segment, we feature missionaries serving around the world. If you'd like to share a picture of a missionary you know, send it to Mormontimes@KSL.com.
- LDS missionaries developing strategies to...
- Mormon missionaries shine shoes, teach the...
- LDS Church alters Christmas devotional tradition
- Christmas lights on Temple Square in pictures...
- In Our Lovely Deseret: Mark Twain and Winston...
- Mormon-raised Paul Walker remembered for...
- LDS growth in India draws media attention
- Nelson Mandela's faith made him a worldwide...
- LDS missionaries developing strategies... 63
- LDS Church alters Christmas devotional... 26
- Defending the Faith: 'Pleased as man... 22
- What's new: 'Women and the Priesthood'... 21
- Mormon missionaries shine shoes, teach... 21
- Space and religion: How believers view... 13
- Tips for LDS bloggers from the... 8
- In Our Lovely Deseret: Mark Twain and... 8