Dr. Kelly Ogden is a professor of ancient scripture at BYU. His book “Happy Like Jesus, Lessons From Jesus Christ On How To Live” talks about the 17 attributes of our Savior and gives us hope that we can emulate those aspects of his personality.
Except from Ogden's book: "President Gordon B. Hinckley was fond of saying, 'Be believing. Be happy. Don't get discouraged. Things will work out.' How could he, and all the other prophets and leaders of the church, be so positive? Because they have the big picture. They know what is coming. Despite all the struggles, hardships, difficulties, ordeals, and even painful afflictions of this life, they know that the glorious cause of the kingdom of God will triumph. Triumph is just a little umph added to try." —Chapter 1, Be Happy
For more information about this book, go to http://deseretbook.com/Happy-Jesus-Lessons-Christ-How-Live-D-Kelly-Ogden/i/5057486.
Also in this segment, we feature missionaries serving around the world. If you'd like to share a picture of a missionary you know, send it to Mormontimes@KSL.com.
- UVU men's soccer makes its program debut with...
- President Uchtdorf visits Provo City Center...
- Wedding industry illustrates unresolved legal...
- BYU coach, players answer questions at fireside
- Well-prepared Scouts rescue couple off Mount...
- LDS temple rises in Philadelphia
- ValueSpeak: A tip of the hat to innocence
- 'Deseret News National Edition': Common Core,...
- LDS Church releases video about... 46
- Wedding industry illustrates unresolved... 33
- Defending the Faith: Paul and his list... 29
- BYU coach, players answer questions at... 17
- Is James Foley a martyr? A brutal death... 9
- 'True compassion': Members of the LDS... 7
- What does heaven look like? Here are 10... 6
- In the Whirled: World peace and the... 5