Steven Kapp Perry: Cricket & Seagull: '17 Miracles' tells story of 1856 handcart pioneers
Most Latter-day Saints could tell you a fact or two about the handcart companies of 1856, but few could give you the names, the humorous incidents, the brutal facts and especially the innumerable miracles that accompanied their every step.
With the premiere of "17 Miracles" only weeks away, filmmaker T.C. Christensen sat down with one of the actresses and a producer of the movie to share some of these stories, and why he ended up retelling a story that has been told many times before.
That's this week on The Cricket and Seagull.
- 35 memorable photos from the LDS Church News...
- Danny Ainge speaks about career, Mormon faith
- LDS temples grow ever closer to members
- LDS priesthood restoration site, new movie,...
- Elder Holland, David Archuleta promote 'Meet...
- Carrie Underwood shares her Christian faith...
- 2 LDS teens create video to share Mormon beliefs
- 1964 World's Fair pavilion had far-reaching...
- Republicans rallying behind religious... 32
- FamilySearch provides LDS members with... 18
- LDS Church leaders share excitement for... 14
- LDS temples grow ever closer to members 10
- Religious leaders agree ISIS must be... 7
- Elder Holland, David Archuleta promote... 6
- 1964 World's Fair pavilion had... 6
- LDS priesthood restoration site, new... 5