"MARK OF ROYALTY," by Jennifer Clark and Stephonie Williams, Covenant Communications, $15.99, 225 pages (f)
Written by Jennifer Clark and Stephonie Williams, who are “sisters by chance … but friends by choice,” this book is a delightful adventure.
Born a princess, Sarah’s shoulder is branded with a royal seal to prove she is firstborn in this noble line.
However, unrest in the nation drives the king’s adviser to also mark her twin brother and then cover up Sarah’s existence. Placed in the care of the trusted widow, Miranda, Sarah is raised in a foreign country never knowing her imperial past.
Miranda, who later marries a nobleman, raises Sarah to one day be able to fill her stately role while always guarding the secret of her true identity, even from her new family. When it comes time to find Sarah a worthy suitor, Miranda will settle for nothing less than the royal family of their new land.
But Miranda’s jealous husband, Clyde, has other plans. He wants the suitor intended for Sarah to fall in love with his daughter, Felecia, instead. When Miranda becomes ill, he finally has his chance.
Plotting against Sarah, Clyde encourages Felicia to interfere with Sarah’s relationship. Meanwhile, Sarah meets a handsome visitor she can’t seem to get out of her mind.
Sarah is torn between the regal man her mother intended for her and the curious stranger who seems to truly understand her. The spirited adventure that follows is filled with intrigue, deception, beauty and love.
In “Mark of Royalty,” Clark and Williams have woven a tale readers will relish. The tale is charming and entertaining. With heroes you love to love and villains you love to hate, this story is enchanting.
Besides completing their novel, Clark and Williams have also put together a music video to accompany the book.
“Mark of Royalty” is the perfect work to snuggle into for a sweet diversion from reality.
Melissa DeMoux is a stay-at-home mother of six young children who lives in West Valley City, Utah. Her email is firstname.lastname@example.org, and she blogs about her adventures in motherhood at demouxfamily.blogspot.com.
- President Uchtdorf visits Provo City Center...
- Wedding industry illustrates unresolved legal...
- Well-prepared Scouts rescue couple off Mount...
- BYU coach, players answer questions at fireside
- UVU men's soccer makes its program debut with...
- 100 inspirational quotes from Mormon leaders
- Elder David E. Sorensen, former executive...
- Comic: Overcome with the spirit
- Wedding industry illustrates unresolved... 49
- BYU coach, players answer questions at... 17
- 'Deseret News National Edition': Common... 12
- 'True compassion': Members of the LDS... 7
- Elder David E. Sorensen, former... 6
- What does heaven look like? Here are 10... 6
- Watch: Mormon missionaries save baby ducks 3
- Hindu festival celebrates birth of Lord... 2