"MARK OF ROYALTY," by Jennifer Clark and Stephonie Williams, Covenant Communications, $15.99, 225 pages (f)
Written by Jennifer Clark and Stephonie Williams, who are “sisters by chance … but friends by choice,” this book is a delightful adventure.
Born a princess, Sarah’s shoulder is branded with a royal seal to prove she is firstborn in this noble line.
However, unrest in the nation drives the king’s adviser to also mark her twin brother and then cover up Sarah’s existence. Placed in the care of the trusted widow, Miranda, Sarah is raised in a foreign country never knowing her imperial past.
Miranda, who later marries a nobleman, raises Sarah to one day be able to fill her stately role while always guarding the secret of her true identity, even from her new family. When it comes time to find Sarah a worthy suitor, Miranda will settle for nothing less than the royal family of their new land.
But Miranda’s jealous husband, Clyde, has other plans. He wants the suitor intended for Sarah to fall in love with his daughter, Felecia, instead. When Miranda becomes ill, he finally has his chance.
Plotting against Sarah, Clyde encourages Felicia to interfere with Sarah’s relationship. Meanwhile, Sarah meets a handsome visitor she can’t seem to get out of her mind.
Sarah is torn between the regal man her mother intended for her and the curious stranger who seems to truly understand her. The spirited adventure that follows is filled with intrigue, deception, beauty and love.
In “Mark of Royalty,” Clark and Williams have woven a tale readers will relish. The tale is charming and entertaining. With heroes you love to love and villains you love to hate, this story is enchanting.
Besides completing their novel, Clark and Williams have also put together a music video to accompany the book.
“Mark of Royalty” is the perfect work to snuggle into for a sweet diversion from reality.
Melissa DeMoux is a stay-at-home mother of six young children who lives in West Valley City, Utah. Her email is firstname.lastname@example.org, and she blogs about her adventures in motherhood at demouxfamily.blogspot.com.
- Utah company films aerial video of renovated...
- First two stakes mark milestone as LDS Church...
- Demand for Ogden Temple open house tickets...
- Katie Couric interviews Mormon mom from Cute...
- The IRS agrees to investigate churches that...
- Defending the Faith: But what of those who...
- 10 reasons a traditional marriage is better...
- Turkish official: Women shouldn’t laugh...
- The IRS agrees to investigate churches... 30
- When Mormon pioneers left was often a... 29
- Defending the Faith: But what of those... 26
- Provo's waffle truck started by a... 20
- 10 reasons a traditional marriage is... 19
- First two stakes mark milestone as LDS... 14
- 10 reasons why religion belongs in school 14
- Demand for Ogden Temple open house... 9