Steven Kapp Perry: Cricket & Seagull: Rediscover Easter with 'God So Loved the World,' by Eric Huntsman
Because the day of the Western celebration of Easter changes from year to year, it's the holiday that often finds itself overshadowed in the Latter-day Saint world by general conference, stake conference or fast Sunday observances. But Easter can come alive for you and your family through this excellent new book by BYU associate professor of ancient scripture Eric Huntsman. As you'll hear in the interview, it's the work of years of study and thought.
"God So Loved the World" is a fascinating scriptural, visual and doctrinal walk through the people, places and events of the amazing final week of the life of Jesus Christ. Whether you're a knowledgable scriptorian or a youngster learning from paintings and pictures, your celebration of the Atonement and the Resurrection will be enriched by this new book, written in part by a desire on the part of the author to communicate these important events to his own family.
That's this week on The Cricket and Seagull.
- Elder David E. Sorensen, former executive...
- BYU coach, players answer questions at fireside
- President Uchtfdorf visits Provo City Center...
- Watch: Mormon missionaries save baby ducks
- 'True compassion': Members of the LDS...
- LDS Church releases video about overcoming...
- Ask Angela: I'm not getting married in the...
- What does heaven look like? Here are 10...
- Ask Angela: I'm not getting married in... 89
- LDS Church releases video about... 42
- Carbon monoxide leak suspected in death... 35
- Defending the Faith: Paul and his list... 20
- LDS stake presidency participates in... 19
- Amish country bristles at... 10
- Want to keep your faith in college?... 7
- Is James Foley a martyr? A brutal death... 6