What's new: 'Bedtime and Naptime ... and Bedtime and Naptime'
"BEDTIME AND NAPTIME … AND BEDTIME AND NAPTIME: THE SIMPLE JOYS OF A MOM'S LIFE," by Hilary Weeks, Deseret Book, 76 pages, $14.99
Sure, raindrops on roses are nice, as are warm woolen mittens, Hilary Weeks says of the song "My Favorite Things" from "The Sound of Music."
"But that song didn't really capture my favorite things," writes Weeks, an LDS singer/songwriter and frequent performer at Deseret Book's Time Out for Women events.
And two of her favorite things? Bedtime and naptime, which is part of the title of her new book and accompanying CD, which have the amusing parody of "My Favorite Things" with her favorite things.
She also likes it when her children do their chores and put the toilet paper back on the dispenser.
This book and CD are a collection of Weeks' well-known parodies and a few of her memories, experiences, quotes and a few recipes that will make a mother a heroine.
It's also sprinkled with words from songs she has written.
And, of course, Weeks wants to help her readers and listeners laugh and continue to feel power, love and inspiration as a mother.
So Weeks shares stories about laundry, why Wynona comes on family trips, reading tags in clothes that leave a few questions and one that doesn't, cooking, and inspiration she's found in the seemingly ordinary moments in life. Oh, and how she realized that there is a lot of songwriting that can be done in the 15- or 20-minute stretches here and there.
The CD includes a half-dozen parodies and experiences, from a mother's "To-Do List" to the tune of "Chopsticks," to talking with teenagers, to her experience with the "Holy Cow Trail Stampede."
And hopefully, you'll find yourself laughing.
- Mormon coaches and callings: How they balance...
- Farm owners fined for refusing to host a...
- LDS Church announces new seminary graduation...
- LDS Church announces feature-length...
- Mormons on social media react to Elder...
- Defending the Faith: The very surprising...
- How President Uchtdorf upended my apple cart
- SUU coach Ed Lamb is not a Mormon but serves...
- Farm owners fined for refusing to host... 107
- SUU coach Ed Lamb is not a Mormon but... 39
- Elder Bednar invites Mormons to use... 39
- LDS Church announces feature-length... 37
- End of an era: Huntsville bookshop... 22
- Defending the Faith: The very... 22
- Mormon coaches and callings: How they... 15
- How President Uchtdorf upended my apple... 11