Moses Kinikini, a Mormon from Shelley, Idaho, became the 15th contestant to be eliminated from NBC's reality weight-loss competition, "The Biggest Loser: Couples," at the end of Tuesday night's episode.
Kinikini started the show at 440 pounds and left weighing 286. His post-elimination update weight is 273. He was voted off after his blue team posted the lowest-weight loss percentage at the weekly weigh-in.
"I've been well over 400 pounds for over 10 years. Through this experience ... I have been able to reach limits that I never thought my body could get to, but I do have a lot more to go in my journey of my weight loss," said Moses, a 47-year-old garage door installer and graduate of BYU.
"I am leaving ... with all the tools I feel I need to be able to go back home and start my life to help my family get a better life."
Kaylee Kinikini, Moses' 20-year-old daughter, also a member of the LDS Church, started "Biggest Loser" at 233 pounds. She dropped 65 pounds before gaining 4 back at Tuesday's weight-in. Kaylee hit the scales at 172 pounds.
The other remaining Mormon on the show is former Olympic Gold wrestler Rulon Gardner. The 39-year-old gym owner and motivational speaker from Logan, Utah, lost 7 pounds last week. He started the show at 440 and now weighs 311, a total loss of 129 pounds.
Three other members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints participated in "Biggest Loser" season 11 before being voted off by other contestants. Justin Pope, of Logan, Utah, lost 118 pounds at the ranch before he was eliminated March 22. Sarah Nitta, a 27-year-old college admissions counselor from Las Vegas, dropped more than 90 pounds. She was eliminated March 9. Denise Hill, 59, of Bountiful, Utah, lost 52 pounds at the ranch before she went home in February.
"The Biggest Loser: Couples," airs Tuesday on KSL Channel 5 at 7 p.m.
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings 'Happy' medley...
- Ask Angela: Are my leggings modest?
- Motherhood Matters: 3 unbelievably simple...
- LDS Church to break ground next month for...
- New study: Mormon pioneers were safer on trek...
- Researching Family History: It's a day of a...
- Wright Words: Why I’m sorry for judging...
- LDS leaders picture quiz: Can you name that...
- New study: Mormon pioneers were safer... 68
- Propaganda war continues in Hobby Lobby... 47
- Ask Angela: Are my leggings modest? 40
- What does the Mormon 'temperature'... 38
- Obama will sign order barring gay,... 26
- LDS Church to break ground next month... 17
- Brain injury changes the lives and... 15
- What would Jesus buy? New website helps... 14