It’s always a joy to share conference notes and insights from all over the Bloggernacle. Conference promotes spiritual connections while the blogs promote virtual connections, and around general conference, these aims intersect in a fascinating and fulfilling way.
Here are a few insights:
“(Yesterday was) the anniversary of the ice cream sundae - which is fitting, since it has been a very sweet LDS General Conference weekend! ... A few tasty Conference Quotes from Sunday sessions:
• "I fear texts are being sent right now saying, ‘He’s been talking for 10 minutes, and still no aviation analogy!’" – President Dieter F. Uchtdorf
• "Use your hands to text and blog the gospel message!" – (President) Uchtdorf
• "Preach the gospel at all times, and when necessary, use words." – (President) Uchtdorf” — Mormon Soprano
“My heart and mind learned … or maybe re-learned is a better word … many amazing principles during my refueling. The 'future is as bright as your faith.' 'Women are incredible.' We need to learn to 'behold your little ones.' There is a difference between being and doing. We need to have more charity and compassion. Our desires become priorities, which in turn determine our choices, actions and who we become. There is a difference between Parenting 101 and Parenting 505. And the list goes on and on.” — An Ordinary Mom
“Today while listening to general conference, I was intrigued by the words of (President) Dieter F. Uchtdorf when he said ‘Some members in this church would rather push a handcart hundreds of miles, than talk to their friends about the gospel.’ As I thought about this I laughed a little bit, but the reality is that there are some members who would rather do this. But why? We have the 'Good news' of the Savior! This gospel is something that has changed our lives and has the ability to change the life of every individual we know. What joy would it bring to us, to give each person we knew a $100 bill. We would love to see the reaction on their faces, and we would be stunned if they were to turn us down. We have in our possession something that is above any earthly amount of money. So I ask again, Why not share this with everyone we know?” — Elder Bevan
And whether you missed or just want to re-study any of the conference talks, you can already access all the MP3 and video feeds from the entire conference at Conference.lds.org. And, as per tradition, it looks like the text of the conference talks will be posted online Thursday.
Similarly, there is a new Mormon Messages video playlist solely dedicated to the April 2011 general conference. Nice.
I also was pleased to see these “Highlights from General Conference” prepared for LDS Youth uploaded so quickly. Wow!
As conference will continued to be discussed and studied in the days, weeks, and months to come, I’m just excited to see what additional insights are uncovered!
Now let’s find other insightful posts from this last week in the Bloggernacle:
Power pick: Stephanie at Diapers and Divinity has once again offered her “General Conference Book Club,” which has the goal “to read one general conference talk a week and discuss it together as an on-line book club.” I love this use of blog technology! Week 1 is up, and because the text of the talks is not quite available, she asks for general impressions and favorite moments from the past weekend. Click to chime in!
Techie tip: I totally get a kick out of the lighter moments from general conference. (Did you see Elder Oaks’ surprised but delighted face when he got that laugh from the congregation?) And this blogger has set up a Google Moderator series to find out “What are the funniest moments from conference?” Enjoy!
- LDS Church confirms women's meeting now part...
- Couple with triplets expecting twins: 'We're...
- Days before deadline, brain cancer victim may...
- Mormon father, son say horror genre isn't...
- Mormons in the rodeo: LDS competitors find...
- Dating coaches address LDS singles' concerns
- LDS Church provides food, other aid to...
- Pope Francis: The devil is real and...
- Pope Francis: ‘Evolution ... 63
- Southern Baptists tell pastors: hold... 44
- LDS Church confirms women's meeting now... 37
- Pastor who performed gay marriage keeps... 30
- Defending the Faith: Doctrine and... 24
- New Harmony: Church questions? I have a... 23
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Using faith... 19
- Days before deadline, brain cancer... 19