In 2010, the Lion House prepared meals for more than 120,000 guests in The Pantry Restaurant, served 56,000 guests at banquets and weddings and hosted more than 5,000 children’s birthdays.
“I really am grateful it wasn’t torn down and that we have a nice place for guests to come to,” Ulrich said. “We have guests from all over the world here. It’s really neat to have those people come and eat dinner in this facility and feel the spirit of Brigham Young and the gathering place.”
Source note: Sources for the historical information for this article include the Church News Archives and Lion House research by Nancy Thomas Davies.
If you go…
The Beehive House
Where: Northwest corner of South Temple and State Street
When: Open daily, 9:30 a.m. to 8:30 p.m. (last tour begins at 8:15 p.m.) For more information: 801-240-2681 (main)
The Lion House Pantry Restaurant
Where: Northwest corner of South Temple and State Street (next to Beehive House)
When: Monday through Saturday, 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. (No reservations required; For groups of 30 or more, please call 801-539-3257)
General conference note: In addition to regular dining, box lunches will also be available. The Pantry will stay open until 9:30 p.m. on Saturday to accommodate the general priesthood session.
- Frances Monson, wife of LDS prophet, passes away
- Watch a video tribute to Sister Frances B....
- LDS missionary 'stable' following hit-and-run...
- Mormon NFL safety Eric Weddle: Balancing...
- Members recall Sister Monson's quiet devotion
- Community of Christ recommends marriage,...
- A firsthand perspective: Reflecting on the...
- Elder Oaks promotes strengthening the free...
- Mormon NFL safety Eric Weddle:... 65
- Frances Monson, wife of LDS prophet,... 62
- New Harmony: The mainstreaming of... 45
- Wright Words: An open letter from a dad... 44
- Elder Oaks promotes strengthening the... 25
- LDS missionary from Sweden suffers... 18
- LDS missionary 'stable' following... 16
- Utahn, castaway Dawn Meehan reflects on... 15