What do you remember from last October’s LDS general conference?
Test your memory and knowledge by taking this 10-question quiz. This is an open-book quiz, so feel free to look up the talks for help if necessary.
1. In his opening remarks, President Thomas S. Monson announced five new temples. Name three of the five temples.
2. True or False: In the General Relief Society meeting, Relief Society General President Julie B. Beck said the Relief Society can now be found in nearly 170 nations.
3. In his Saturday morning talk, “Of Things That Matter Most,” President Dieter F. Uchtdorf identified four key relationships to develop in this life. Name the four relationships in order.
a. Ourselves, God, families, fellow man
b. God, ourselves, families, fellow man
c. God, families, fellow man, ourselves
d. Families, fellow man, ourselves, God
4. In his Saturday afternoon talk, “The Transforming Power of Faith and Character,” Elder Richard G. Scott said, “The bedrock of character is _______________________.”
5. Elder Patrick Kearon gave a talk during the priesthood session titled, “Come unto Me with Full Purpose of Heart and I Shall Heal You.” He told a story about camping in the Arabian Peninsula as a boy and being bitten on the foot by which creature?
c. Dung Beetle
6. True or False: In the priesthood session, President Thomas S. Monson spoke about the three Rs of choice: right of choice, reliability of
choice and the results of choice.
7. True or False: In his Sunday morning talk, “Trust in God, Then Go and Do,” President Henry B. Eyring said we show our trust in the Lord by listening, learning, repenting and doing whatever we are asked to do.
8. In his Sunday morning talk, “The Divine Gift of Gratitude,” President Thomas S. Monson said, “A grateful heart comes through expressing ____________________.”
9. Elder David A. Bednar offered three suggestions for seeking the companionship of the Holy Ghost in his Sunday afternoon talk, “Receive the Holy Ghost.” The first is “sincerely desire to receive the Holy Ghost.” The second is “appropriately invite the Holy Ghost into our lives.” What is the third?
- LDS missionaries developing strategies to...
- Mormon missionaries shine shoes, teach the...
- LDS Church alters Christmas devotional tradition
- Christmas lights on Temple Square in pictures...
- In Our Lovely Deseret: Mark Twain and Winston...
- Mormon-raised Paul Walker remembered for...
- LDS growth in India draws media attention
- Nelson Mandela's faith made him a worldwide...
- LDS missionaries developing strategies... 63
- LDS Church alters Christmas devotional... 26
- Defending the Faith: 'Pleased as man... 22
- What's new: 'Women and the Priesthood'... 21
- Mormon missionaries shine shoes, teach... 21
- Space and religion: How believers view... 13
- Tips for LDS bloggers from the... 8
- In Our Lovely Deseret: Mark Twain and... 8