Emily W. Jensen: LDS youth centers, and vote in the Mormon Messages video contest
Video contest: I have not one, not two, but 43 videos to highlight today, all of these in the running to become new Mormon Message videos. And you can vote in this “International Video Contest” for your favorites. What fun! Click to both enjoy and be inspired!
Young Adults: So I had heard about Centers for Young Adults in Europe but had no idea that there was a pilot program of these centers right here in the United States. This blogger describes the “Center for Young Adults Going Strong” in Los Lunas, N.M.: “Dinner begins at 6 p.m. on Thursday nights. At 7, a gospel discussion is led by Brother Alec Smith, of the Church Educational System. … At 8, several activities are available to meet a variety of interests. Recent activities at the center have included glow-in-the-dark volleyball/dodgeball, broom soccer, mixer games, an exercise/dance class, finger-painting card games and board games. … If you are a young adult and crave good, wholesome fun and peer interaction, the Center for Young Adults is for you.” Wow.
LDS Tools: Did you know that you can use the new app LDS Tools to “Put Your Ward List on Your Smartphone with Mapping”? The Mormon Life Hacker outlines how! “The interface is simple, but works just how you’d expect. Once you log in with your LDS account, it will automatically download your entire stake directory, and also choose your home ward as the default view. From there you can search the ward directory, switch to another ward or view by calling. The calling view is great if you need to know who the stake executive secretary is to schedule a temple recommend renewal appointment, or are new in the ward and need to get in touch with the Relief Society president, bishop or whoever.” Click to find out more!
Mormon.org badges: Looking to decorate your blog and spread the gospel? Then check out this post that explains that Mormon.org has supplied 28 different linked badges to choose from. Click to see some of the options! Cool.
- LDS Church relationship with Boy Scouts in...
- Boy Scouts in Utah, nation face uncertain future
- Religious groups react to Boy Scouts’...
- 14 surprising, heartwarming videos of LDS...
- Wright Words: Younger sister is living...
- DJ Kaskade talks about sticking to LDS...
- Linda & Richard Eyre: Passing the torch
- Another Book of Mormon musical opens in Salt...
- LDS Church relationship with Boy Scouts... 286
- Boy Scouts in Utah, nation face... 109
- Religious groups react to Boy... 60
- Do contraceptive rules make religious... 41
- Are lawsuits ahead for church-based Boy... 30
- Another Book of Mormon musical opens in... 23
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir announces first... 14
- ... 10