MSNBC's World Blog highlights the LDS Church's ability to quickly locate and account for church members in this article, attributing it to "a culture of discipline and emergency preparedness."
Elder Richard G. Hinckley, executive director of the church's Missionary Department, explains how the church used phone trees and the home teaching program to account for 124,000 of the 125,000 members in Japan within a few days of the 9.0-magnitude earthquake on March 11.
- Elder Holland, David Archuleta promote 'Meet...
- 35 memorable photos from the LDS Church News...
- Carrie Underwood shares her Christian faith...
- LDS temples grow ever closer to members
- Danny Ainge speaks about career, Mormon faith
- LDS priesthood restoration site, new movie,...
- 2 LDS teens create video to share Mormon beliefs
- Utah woman writes new verse for LDS Cultural...
- Republicans rallying behind religious... 32
- FamilySearch provides LDS members with... 17
- LDS Church leaders share excitement for... 14
- LDS temples grow ever closer to members 7
- Religious leaders agree ISIS must be... 6
- Elder Holland, David Archuleta promote... 4
- LDS priesthood restoration site, new... 4
- Here's how you and your spouse can... 3