3 tablespoons oil
1 teaspoon minced garlic
6 cups water
1 (10.75 ounce) package stick rice noodles or rice vermicelli
Por Kwan Pad Thai Sauce
1/2 cup chopped peanuts
1/2 cup fresh chopped cilantro
In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook the chicken breast in oil and garlic. In large sauce pan bring water to a rolling boil. Place noodles in boiling water and cook 5-8 minutes. Drain noodles and rinse with cool water. Gently toss chicken and noodles with just enough pad thai sauce to coat noodles. Transfer noodles to serving platter. Top chopped peanuts and cilantro.
— by Michelle Snow
1-1/4 cup hot water
1/4 cup cracked whole grains
1/4 cup rolled oats
1/4 cup dried fruit
1/4 cup fresh berries
1/4 cup chopped apple
1/2 orange, juiced
1 tablespoon freshly ground flaxseed
2 tablespoon chopped nuts
Honey, brown sugar, or maple syrup to taste
Cinnamon, Cardomon, vanilla, or nutmeg to taste
After finishing breakfast, prepare the mixture for the next day by combining the hot water and cracked whole grains — our local whole foods store offers a nine-grain mixture, mostly cracked wheat — in a pan and place it on the back of the stove to soak.
Bring the pot to a boil, add rolled oats and dried fruit. Turn off the heat and let sit for five minutes. While the oats and dried fruits are cooking, prepare two bowls by adding to each the flaxseed, crumbled nuts, sweetener and spices to taste.
Wash and prepare fruits in season, adding to each bowl the berries, apples and orange juice. Combine all ingredients into the bowls and enjoy.
— Skip Hellewell
Kevin Whitmer is a chef living in West Valley City with his wife and two children. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Ask Angela: Fiancee struggles with newly...
- A conversation with Mormon convert and 7-time...
- Famous Mormons featured in new BYU commercial
- How to get 'Meet the Mormons' in theaters...
- 6 science-fiction and fantasy movies inspired...
- Over half a million people attended Ogden...
- 10 religious leaders you may not know about
- Should I stay or should I go? How faith adds...
- Ask Angela: Fiancee struggles with... 35
- Here's how U.S. churches are changing... 16
- Americans link violence with Muslims,... 12
- A conversation with Mormon convert and... 9
- The biggest band in the world is also... 7
- Famous Mormons featured in new BYU... 5
- New Utah rabbi hopes to 'perfect the... 5
- 6 science-fiction and fantasy movies... 5