3 tablespoons oil
1 teaspoon minced garlic
6 cups water
1 (10.75 ounce) package stick rice noodles or rice vermicelli
Por Kwan Pad Thai Sauce
1/2 cup chopped peanuts
1/2 cup fresh chopped cilantro
In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook the chicken breast in oil and garlic. In large sauce pan bring water to a rolling boil. Place noodles in boiling water and cook 5-8 minutes. Drain noodles and rinse with cool water. Gently toss chicken and noodles with just enough pad thai sauce to coat noodles. Transfer noodles to serving platter. Top chopped peanuts and cilantro.
— by Michelle Snow
1-1/4 cup hot water
1/4 cup cracked whole grains
1/4 cup rolled oats
1/4 cup dried fruit
1/4 cup fresh berries
1/4 cup chopped apple
1/2 orange, juiced
1 tablespoon freshly ground flaxseed
2 tablespoon chopped nuts
Honey, brown sugar, or maple syrup to taste
Cinnamon, Cardomon, vanilla, or nutmeg to taste
After finishing breakfast, prepare the mixture for the next day by combining the hot water and cracked whole grains — our local whole foods store offers a nine-grain mixture, mostly cracked wheat — in a pan and place it on the back of the stove to soak.
Bring the pot to a boil, add rolled oats and dried fruit. Turn off the heat and let sit for five minutes. While the oats and dried fruits are cooking, prepare two bowls by adding to each the flaxseed, crumbled nuts, sweetener and spices to taste.
Wash and prepare fruits in season, adding to each bowl the berries, apples and orange juice. Combine all ingredients into the bowls and enjoy.
— Skip Hellewell
Kevin Whitmer is a chef living in West Valley City with his wife and two children. E-mail: email@example.com.
- UTubers: Returned LDS missionary part of...
- Mormon Taylor Swift look-alike draws national...
- Mormon Mentions: Adam Levine praises The...
- After 3rd round of Hollywood Week on...
- 'Rich and fascinating': New online database...
- 'A unique insight': Jermaine Sullivan shares...
- LDS missionaries safe in Taiwan after earthquake
- Maintaining faith during LDS Church meeting...
- Defending the Faith: Why the question... 33
- Elder Andersen addresses USU students... 22
- Obama at prayer breakfast: 'Jesus is a... 21
- Obama's take on 3 key debates about... 13
- In Our Lovely Deseret: The courtship... 12
- Bernie Sanders disappoints some... 9
- Taylor Halverson: The Book of Mormon... 7
- 'A unique insight': Jermaine Sullivan... 7