As an award-winning professor and writer, Black enjoys spending time with her husband, Harvey, playing the odd ping-pong game, and the occasional indulgence of her favorite food, chocolate. (Although if you asked her after New Year's Day, she would tell you her favorite food is an orange because of a recent New Year’s resolution.)
Black has been teaching at BYU for 32 years. The thought has crossed her mind to retire, but each time one of the apostles has called her to say her work is not done. Apparently this is not the time for her to just "head to the beach."
"I’ll keep teaching until students don’t sign up for my classes, when I can’t relate to them, or I view them as an irritation in my life," Black said.
- Many Mormon missionaries who return home...
- Mormon missionaries shine shoes, teach the...
- Ask Angela: I'm 24 and I think I'm headed to...
- Pres. Monson teaches Christmas is the time to...
- One year since Sandy Hook: 'Evil did not win'...
- LDS Church alters Christmas devotional tradition
- In Our Lovely Deseret: Mark Twain and Winston...
- Amish school shooter's kin: Horror, then healing
- Many Mormon missionaries who return... 101
- Ask Angela: I'm 24 and I think I'm... 57
- LDS Church alters Christmas devotional... 27
- Mormon missionaries shine shoes, teach... 22
- Space and religion: How believers view... 19
- In Our Lovely Deseret: Mark Twain and... 12
- One year since Sandy Hook: 'Evil did... 9
- Tips for LDS bloggers from the... 8