For the past couple of years, I’ve written a weekly music column and have had the privilege of interviewing some incredibly talented people from all over the world — from the United States to Finland to New Zealand.
Each musician I’ve interviewed has had something different and important to share.
The biggest thing I’ve taken away from the interviews is that what we do can be so much bigger than just what we do. It’s all about the way we serve. It’s about where our hearts are and seeking to give more of our hearts each day.
That applies to everyone, not just musicians or artists.
To the teacher, mechanic, student, receptionist, doctor and mother, what you do can be so much bigger if you choose to believe it and let it be so. Developing and sharing your gifts in whatever you do will bring great fulfillment and joy to you and to others.
Each musician who’s experienced success has also had to carve out his or her path in spite of bumps in the road. They’ve done it with persistence, practice and faith in God.
This is my last Mormon Times column because my path in life is taking a new direction for the next few months. I will miss highlighting the amazing talents of musicians because there are so many people out there making a difference with their talents. I hope each of you will continue to seek out music that lifts you and let music be a positive power in your life.
Here are a few favorite quotes from various musicians I interviewed.
- Sunday School leader apologizes for...
- LDS Church names Elder Clayton new senior...
- Unique LDS temple, high-rise apartment...
- The spiritual revolution taking place away...
- 185th Semiannual General Conference talk...
- President Thomas S. Monson: 'Be an Example...
- Photos: LDS general conference Sunday morning...
- LDS video features apostles' first testimonies
- Elders Rasband, Stevenson, Renlund... 47
- Unique LDS temple, high-rise apartment... 34
- Workers removing Ten Commandments from... 29
- Sunday School leader apologizes for... 29
- Lois M. Collins: The 'death' of faith... 19
- In Saturday's General Conference... 16
- LDS Church leaders continue to... 16
- Leaders close conference by urging... 13