For the past couple of years, I’ve written a weekly music column and have had the privilege of interviewing some incredibly talented people from all over the world — from the United States to Finland to New Zealand.
Each musician I’ve interviewed has had something different and important to share.
The biggest thing I’ve taken away from the interviews is that what we do can be so much bigger than just what we do. It’s all about the way we serve. It’s about where our hearts are and seeking to give more of our hearts each day.
That applies to everyone, not just musicians or artists.
To the teacher, mechanic, student, receptionist, doctor and mother, what you do can be so much bigger if you choose to believe it and let it be so. Developing and sharing your gifts in whatever you do will bring great fulfillment and joy to you and to others.
Each musician who’s experienced success has also had to carve out his or her path in spite of bumps in the road. They’ve done it with persistence, practice and faith in God.
This is my last Mormon Times column because my path in life is taking a new direction for the next few months. I will miss highlighting the amazing talents of musicians because there are so many people out there making a difference with their talents. I hope each of you will continue to seek out music that lifts you and let music be a positive power in your life.
Here are a few favorite quotes from various musicians I interviewed.
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings 'Happy' medley...
- Ask Angela: Are my leggings modest?
- Motherhood Matters: 3 unbelievably simple...
- What life was like for the Mormon pioneers...
- LDS Church to break ground next month for...
- In Our Lovely Deseret: Who were the first 3...
- New study: Mormon pioneers were safer on trek...
- Researching Family History: It's a day of a...
- New study: Mormon pioneers were safer... 69
- Ask Angela: Are my leggings modest? 53
- Propaganda war continues in Hobby Lobby... 51
- What does the Mormon 'temperature'... 39
- Faith-based nonprofits will likely land... 30
- Obama will sign order barring gay,... 26
- LDS Church to break ground next month... 21
- Brain injury changes the lives and... 15