Wednesday's handful of online links summarizing coverage of LDS Church news and events from across the country and around the globe:
Today's links focus on the Mormon Tabernacle Choir and The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints' recently announced site of for its Indianapolis Indiana Temple.
Did you know the Mormon Tabernacle Choir has a guest singer program, where it honors musicians and choral directors with an invitation to sing with it? The Napa Valley, Calif., Register features a retired St. Helena high school director and his wife — neither are Mormons themselves — who receive such an invite and talk about their moving experience in Salt Lake City. You can read it here.
Speaking of the Mormon Tabernacle Choir, it will make its first scheduled visit to Dixie State College next month, helping celebrate St. George's sesquicentennial and the college's 100th anniversary. The DSC student newspaper, the Dixie Sun, provides more information here.
Earlier this week, the LDS Church's First Presidency announced the location of the Indianapolis Indiana Temple in the northern suburb of Carmel, Ind. Here's several links showing how the local media reported the temple-site announcement.
Indianapolis' local Fox TV affiliate filed this combined video-and-text offering here.
And from a couple hours distance to the southwest, the Lafayette/West Lafayette, Ind., Journal and Courier compiled a brief story of statewide interest here.
And while we offered a link to the Indianapolis Star's original report on Monday, here's a link to its interesting accompanying list of LDS facts pertinent to Indiana readers — by the numbers, prominent local and national Mormons and key beliefs.
- Demand for Ogden Temple open house tickets...
- Katie Couric interviews Mormon mom from Cute...
- When Mormon pioneers left was often a...
- Provo's waffle truck started by a motivated...
- Project to restore Manti Tabernacle underway
- New features at Ogden Temple reception tent...
- Mormon couple celebrates 75 years of true love
- Utah company films aerial video of renovated...
- Hamblin & Peterson: Constantine's... 25
- When Mormon pioneers left was often a... 20
- Provo's waffle truck started by a... 18
- 66,511 volunteers set FamilySearch... 17
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Reba McEntire... 14
- Demand for Ogden Temple open house... 7
- Thirty countries require leaders to... 5
- Ground Zero cross can stay at 9/11... 5