SALT LAKE CITY — The Mormon Tabernacle Choir's new album, "Men of the Mormon Tabernacle Choir," reached No. 1 on Billboard's Classical Overall chart this week. The album also topped the Billboard Classical Traditional chart for the fourth straight week. It also appeared on the Billboard Top 200 Chart.
The CD is the first in the choir's history to exclusively feature the men of the choir.
"This CD is one that will appeal to everyone," Choir President Mac Christensen said. "People that listen to it just can't put it down. It's the first time ever for a CD with just the men, but it's done in the same great style as our other Mormon Tabernacle Choir recordings. We're thrilled and pleased to see how well it is doing in the marketplace."
Beginning with the folk hymn "Brethren, We Have Met to Worship," the 15-track album includes compositions and arrangements drawn from popular songs, spirituals, folk and church hymns.
- Modest swimwear makes a splash in women's retail
- LDS Church relationship with Boy Scouts in...
- Mormon thrill ride creator still generating...
- Without the overdose of obscenity, 'The Book...
- LDS World: Western author Wallace Stegner...
- Defending the Faith: FairMormon Conference to...
- Boy Scouts in Utah, nation face uncertain future
- Another Book of Mormon musical opens in Salt...
- LDS Church relationship with Boy Scouts... 302
- Boy Scouts in Utah, nation face... 141
- Religious groups react to Boy... 79
- Do contraceptive rules make religious... 43
- Modest swimwear makes a splash in... 42
- Are lawsuits ahead for church-based Boy... 31
- Another Book of Mormon musical opens in... 27
- America welcomes Christians, Jews;... 23