SALT LAKE CITY — The Mormon Tabernacle Choir's new album, "Men of the Mormon Tabernacle Choir," reached No. 1 on Billboard's Classical Overall chart this week. The album also topped the Billboard Classical Traditional chart for the fourth straight week. It also appeared on the Billboard Top 200 Chart.
The CD is the first in the choir's history to exclusively feature the men of the choir.
"This CD is one that will appeal to everyone," Choir President Mac Christensen said. "People that listen to it just can't put it down. It's the first time ever for a CD with just the men, but it's done in the same great style as our other Mormon Tabernacle Choir recordings. We're thrilled and pleased to see how well it is doing in the marketplace."
Beginning with the folk hymn "Brethren, We Have Met to Worship," the 15-track album includes compositions and arrangements drawn from popular songs, spirituals, folk and church hymns.
- The story behind the missionary reality TV...
- The Book of Mormon claims No. 1 spot on list...
- Atheists, Mormon scholars talk religion
- At UVU, Elder Oaks sees hope despite...
- Elizabeth Smart talks forgiveness and...
- How much did President Obama donate to his...
- LDS Church reaffirms stance on immigration
- LDS convert and influential friend reunite...
- LDS Church reaffirms stance on immigration 104
- Obama: Religious intolerance has... 76
- Atheists, Mormon scholars talk religion 76
- Ask Angela: With so few choices, should... 75
- Zeroing in on religious hubs, atheists... 71
- At UVU, Elder Oaks sees hope despite... 61
- In our opinion: The Ten Commandments in... 56
- The Book of Mormon claims No. 1 spot on... 45