SALT LAKE CITY — The Mormon Tabernacle Choir's new album, "Men of the Mormon Tabernacle Choir," reached No. 1 on Billboard's Classical Overall chart this week. The album also topped the Billboard Classical Traditional chart for the fourth straight week. It also appeared on the Billboard Top 200 Chart.
The CD is the first in the choir's history to exclusively feature the men of the choir.
"This CD is one that will appeal to everyone," Choir President Mac Christensen said. "People that listen to it just can't put it down. It's the first time ever for a CD with just the men, but it's done in the same great style as our other Mormon Tabernacle Choir recordings. We're thrilled and pleased to see how well it is doing in the marketplace."
Beginning with the folk hymn "Brethren, We Have Met to Worship," the 15-track album includes compositions and arrangements drawn from popular songs, spirituals, folk and church hymns.
- LDS Church alters Christmas devotional tradition
- Mormon-raised Paul Walker remembered for...
- Seeing is believing: Doctor, family say...
- 10 things to do with an LDS account
- BYU's linebacker Kyle Van Noy engaged to Miss...
- LDS apostles return to southern South America...
- Home-school culture shifting away from...
- Faith sustained author through rejection,...
- Mormon-raised Paul Walker remembered... 58
- Croatians vote against same-sex marriage 47
- Court: Mormon church, members not... 33
- Cardinal Dolan says Catholic church... 32
- Seeing is believing: Doctor, family say... 28
- BYU's linebacker Kyle Van Noy engaged... 27
- Notre Dame sues over health care law's... 23
- Ask Angela: Woman shares update on... 20