Steven Kapp Perry: 'Men of the Mormon Tabernacle Choir,' an interview with Mack Wilberg
While it might seem strange that cutting the Tabernacle Choir in half would result in a No. 1 album on the Billboard Classical charts in its first week of release, that's exactly what happened.
In this audio tour of the album, you'll hear the choir's director, Mack Wilberg, talk about the decision to make the album, the rich tradition of men's choral music, and why they chose this particular balance of classical and contemporary songs, which has struck a chord with so many listeners.
That's this week on The Cricket and Seagull.
1. Brethren, We Have Met to Worship
2. Brightly Beams Our Father's Mercy
3. The Morning Trumpet
4. Fight the Good Fight with All Thy Might
5. Evening (Aftonen)
6. Land-Sighting (Landkjenning)
7. Dance a Cachuca, Fandango, Bolero (Finale from The Gondoliers)
9. Pilgrim's Chorus from Tannhäuser
10. Lullabye (Goodnight, My Angel)
11. Hush, Little Baby
12. You Raise Me Up
13. Beautiful Savior
14. There Is a Balm in Gilead
15. He's Got the Whole World in His Hands
- BYU coach, players answer questions at fireside
- President Uchtdorf visits Provo City Center...
- Well-prepared Scouts rescue couple off Mount...
- Elder David E. Sorensen, former executive...
- What does heaven look like? Here are 10...
- Watch: Mormon missionaries save baby ducks
- LDS Church releases video about overcoming...
- LDS temple rises in Philadelphia
- Ask Angela: I'm not getting married in... 90
- LDS Church releases video about... 44
- Defending the Faith: Paul and his list... 24
- LDS stake presidency participates in... 19
- BYU coach, players answer questions at... 11
- Is James Foley a martyr? A brutal death... 8
- Want to keep your faith in college?... 7
- 'True compassion': Members of the LDS... 6