Steven Kapp Perry: 'Men of the Mormon Tabernacle Choir,' an interview with Mack Wilberg
While it might seem strange that cutting the Tabernacle Choir in half would result in a No. 1 album on the Billboard Classical charts in its first week of release, that's exactly what happened.
In this audio tour of the album, you'll hear the choir's director, Mack Wilberg, talk about the decision to make the album, the rich tradition of men's choral music, and why they chose this particular balance of classical and contemporary songs, which has struck a chord with so many listeners.
That's this week on The Cricket and Seagull.
1. Brethren, We Have Met to Worship
2. Brightly Beams Our Father's Mercy
3. The Morning Trumpet
4. Fight the Good Fight with All Thy Might
5. Evening (Aftonen)
6. Land-Sighting (Landkjenning)
7. Dance a Cachuca, Fandango, Bolero (Finale from The Gondoliers)
9. Pilgrim's Chorus from Tannhäuser
10. Lullabye (Goodnight, My Angel)
11. Hush, Little Baby
12. You Raise Me Up
13. Beautiful Savior
14. There Is a Balm in Gilead
15. He's Got the Whole World in His Hands
- LDS First Presidency calls 8 new MTC presidents
- LDS Church releases 'A Savior Is Born'...
- New Joseph Smith Papers volume provides...
- Elder Oaks gives special Thanksgiving...
- MTC missionaries spend Thanksgiving preparing...
- A lesson a little girl learned while seeing...
- Traditions old and new celebrated as Temple...
- BYUtv docudrama 'Joan of Arc' shares...
- Defending the Faith: Reasons for... 12
- MTC missionaries spend Thanksgiving... 11
- LDS World: How events in Paris are a... 10
- Wright Words: Why Thanksgiving is... 4
- A lesson a little girl learned while... 4
- LDS Church releases 'A Savior Is Born'... 4
- The most grateful religions in America,... 2
- Pope Francis brings peace message to... 1