Steven Kapp Perry: 'Men of the Mormon Tabernacle Choir,' an interview with Mack Wilberg
While it might seem strange that cutting the Tabernacle Choir in half would result in a No. 1 album on the Billboard Classical charts in its first week of release, that's exactly what happened.
In this audio tour of the album, you'll hear the choir's director, Mack Wilberg, talk about the decision to make the album, the rich tradition of men's choral music, and why they chose this particular balance of classical and contemporary songs, which has struck a chord with so many listeners.
That's this week on The Cricket and Seagull.
1. Brethren, We Have Met to Worship
2. Brightly Beams Our Father's Mercy
3. The Morning Trumpet
4. Fight the Good Fight with All Thy Might
5. Evening (Aftonen)
6. Land-Sighting (Landkjenning)
7. Dance a Cachuca, Fandango, Bolero (Finale from The Gondoliers)
9. Pilgrim's Chorus from Tannhäuser
10. Lullabye (Goodnight, My Angel)
11. Hush, Little Baby
12. You Raise Me Up
13. Beautiful Savior
14. There Is a Balm in Gilead
15. He's Got the Whole World in His Hands
- Germany: Syrian asylum seekers blows himself...
- Pope Francis: The world's at war, but not a...
- President and Sister Uchtdorf visit site of...
- Erin Stewart: Should you teach your kids to...
- Thousands of youth participate in the Days of...
- Catholic leaders speak out as controversy...
- President Uchtdorf visits refugees; presents...
- Elder LeGrand R. Curtis, Jr. addresses 'A...
- Is Bernie Sanders an atheist? 42
- President Uchtdorf visits refugees;... 33
- Erin Stewart: Should you teach your... 19
- Can Hillary Clinton finally close the... 17
- What motivates (the few) evangelicals... 12
- Who boos an opening prayer? The... 7
- Great quote, Tim Kaine, but John Wesley... 7
- Catholic leaders speak out as... 4