Steven Kapp Perry: 'Men of the Mormon Tabernacle Choir,' an interview with Mack Wilberg
While it might seem strange that cutting the Tabernacle Choir in half would result in a No. 1 album on the Billboard Classical charts in its first week of release, that's exactly what happened.
In this audio tour of the album, you'll hear the choir's director, Mack Wilberg, talk about the decision to make the album, the rich tradition of men's choral music, and why they chose this particular balance of classical and contemporary songs, which has struck a chord with so many listeners.
That's this week on The Cricket and Seagull.
1. Brethren, We Have Met to Worship
2. Brightly Beams Our Father's Mercy
3. The Morning Trumpet
4. Fight the Good Fight with All Thy Might
5. Evening (Aftonen)
6. Land-Sighting (Landkjenning)
7. Dance a Cachuca, Fandango, Bolero (Finale from The Gondoliers)
9. Pilgrim's Chorus from Tannhäuser
10. Lullabye (Goodnight, My Angel)
11. Hush, Little Baby
12. You Raise Me Up
13. Beautiful Savior
14. There Is a Balm in Gilead
15. He's Got the Whole World in His Hands
- Utah company films aerial video of renovated...
- First two stakes mark milestone as LDS Church...
- Demand for Ogden Temple open house tickets...
- Katie Couric interviews Mormon mom from Cute...
- The IRS agrees to investigate churches that...
- 10 reasons a traditional marriage is better...
- Defending the Faith: But what of those who...
- When Mormon pioneers left was often a...
- When Mormon pioneers left was often a... 29
- The IRS agrees to investigate churches... 28
- Defending the Faith: But what of those... 21
- Provo's waffle truck started by a... 19
- 10 reasons a traditional marriage is... 19
- First two stakes mark milestone as LDS... 14
- Demand for Ogden Temple open house... 9
- New features at Ogden Temple reception... 6