Steven Kapp Perry: 'Men of the Mormon Tabernacle Choir,' an interview with Mack Wilberg
While it might seem strange that cutting the Tabernacle Choir in half would result in a No. 1 album on the Billboard Classical charts in its first week of release, that's exactly what happened.
In this audio tour of the album, you'll hear the choir's director, Mack Wilberg, talk about the decision to make the album, the rich tradition of men's choral music, and why they chose this particular balance of classical and contemporary songs, which has struck a chord with so many listeners.
That's this week on The Cricket and Seagull.
1. Brethren, We Have Met to Worship
2. Brightly Beams Our Father's Mercy
3. The Morning Trumpet
4. Fight the Good Fight with All Thy Might
5. Evening (Aftonen)
6. Land-Sighting (Landkjenning)
7. Dance a Cachuca, Fandango, Bolero (Finale from The Gondoliers)
9. Pilgrim's Chorus from Tannhäuser
10. Lullabye (Goodnight, My Angel)
11. Hush, Little Baby
12. You Raise Me Up
13. Beautiful Savior
14. There Is a Balm in Gilead
15. He's Got the Whole World in His Hands
- Wright Words: Founding member of SEAL Team...
- All 4 of Joseph Smith's firsthand accounts of...
- Mormon humanitarian Bishnu Adhikari, family...
- Forbes contributor: What entrepreneurs,...
- 6 ways youths, leaders can reboot the church...
- LDS Church to create Central Eurasian Mission...
- President Uchtdorf speaks at inaugural John...
- 21 Shakespeare quotes shared in LDS general...
- Q-and-A with Elder Oaks: Protecting... 122
- All 4 of Joseph Smith's firsthand... 106
- Defending the Faith: Warfare and the... 72
- Jerry Earl Johnston: Euphemisms can't... 39
- Why is BYU honoring Robby George, and... 23
- 5 professional athletes who stand up... 22
- Faith leaders call for religious... 20
- Ground broken for Star Valley Wyoming... 13