Steven Kapp Perry: 'Men of the Mormon Tabernacle Choir,' an interview with Mack Wilberg
While it might seem strange that cutting the Tabernacle Choir in half would result in a No. 1 album on the Billboard Classical charts in its first week of release, that's exactly what happened.
In this audio tour of the album, you'll hear the choir's director, Mack Wilberg, talk about the decision to make the album, the rich tradition of men's choral music, and why they chose this particular balance of classical and contemporary songs, which has struck a chord with so many listeners.
That's this week on The Cricket and Seagull.
1. Brethren, We Have Met to Worship
2. Brightly Beams Our Father's Mercy
3. The Morning Trumpet
4. Fight the Good Fight with All Thy Might
5. Evening (Aftonen)
6. Land-Sighting (Landkjenning)
7. Dance a Cachuca, Fandango, Bolero (Finale from The Gondoliers)
9. Pilgrim's Chorus from Tannhäuser
10. Lullabye (Goodnight, My Angel)
11. Hush, Little Baby
12. You Raise Me Up
13. Beautiful Savior
14. There Is a Balm in Gilead
15. He's Got the Whole World in His Hands
- LDS Church alters Christmas devotional tradition
- Christmas lights on Temple Square in pictures...
- Mormon-raised Paul Walker remembered for...
- What's new: 'Women and the Priesthood' by...
- Tips for LDS bloggers from the 'ultimate...
- Mormon missionaries shine shoes, teach the...
- BYU's linebacker Kyle Van Noy engaged to Miss...
- Seeing is believing: Doctor, family say...
- Mormon-raised Paul Walker remembered... 63
- Cardinal Dolan says Catholic church... 38
- Court: Mormon church, members not... 34
- Notre Dame sues over health care law's... 31
- BYU's linebacker Kyle Van Noy engaged... 28
- Seeing is believing: Doctor, family say... 25
- Ask Angela: Woman shares update on... 20
- LDS Church alters Christmas devotional... 20