Fourth, remember special days. When her son received his mission call, they invited family, friends, classmates and teammates over. Their home was packed with people. As Freeman went upstairs to get the camera, she felt impressed to take a picture of the group. He was called to Croatia, where there aren't many missionaries and baptism prospects are few. She wanted him to remember the love and support he felt that day he opened the call. And she had a photo.
Last, determine a reason for that hope.
"Where do we turn? To the high priest of good things to come," she added. "I hope the Lord has an ending that is happy for me."
'How hard can it be?'
For dinner one night, singer/songwriter Hilary Weeks was going to need some rotisserie chicken, which she still needed to buy. While finishing up some of the preparations, the thought came to her that she should leave soon to get it.
So, she got on her coat to leave and thought of a short e-mail she needed to send. She quickly sent it and left only to find someone else taking the last rotisserie chicken at the store.
"When Heavenly Father speaks, I need to obey with exactness," Weeks said of the lessons she learned that day. "Heavenly Father cares about the details of our lives."
Weeks shared several songs, from spiritual ones like "He Is" and "Believe in Who You Are" to her lighthearted laundry and whining songs.
There are so many good things women do in a day, and it's important to remember that, Weeks said.
And remember, too, "how we are appreciated by Heavenly Father," Weeks said.
Tickets for the 2011 Time Out for Women events in 21 cities went on sale on Monday, Nov. 22. Several of the presenters from the 2010 tour will be back. New presenters include Stephanie Nielson, a mother, blogger and plane crash survivor; and authors Jason Wright, Dean Hughes and Jon Hilton III. For information, go to www.deseretbook.com/tofw.
- Elder Ballard, other LDS Church leaders...
- LDS Church donates to Utah Pride Center's...
- First Presidency sends letter with counsel...
- Jerusalem family finds a 2,000-year-old...
- LDS Church leaders release letter about...
- Episcopal Church becomes third Protestant...
- Stephen Rockwood named new FamilySearch...
- 'A beautiful day' in Haiti: Early converts...
- What the LDS Church said about the... 180
- First Presidency sends letter with... 145
- When Satan steals your motherhood 87
- LDS Church donates to Utah Pride... 48
- Episcopal bishops seek end to 'unholy... 41
- Where were the Twelve Apostles when... 34
- Episcopal Church becomes third... 34
- LDS Church leaders release letter about... 31