“To the Rescue: The Biography of Thomas S. Monson” became Deseret Book’s 1,000th title for the Kindle e-book platform, it was announced Nov. 17. The Salt Lake City-based company started releasing titles on Kindle in late 2009.
“Although many readers still prefer the feel of a printed page under their fingers, e-reading is certainly on the rise,” said Sheri Dew, president and CEO of Deseret Book. “It seems fitting to have the biography of the president of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and a modern-day prophet be honored as the 1,000th title.”
In addition to offering titles on Kindle, Deseret Book also announced that it plans to release its own free reader app, “Deseret Bookshelf,” in December.
The app will offer the world’s best selection of LDS e-books, including Deseret Book-published titles and e-books from other free sources.
Customers will be able to create a personal e-book library, read and mark their e-books, and search their library for key words. Deseret Bookshelf will initially be offered on the iOS platform (iPad, iPhone and iTouch), with future plans for expansion to the Android platform in early 2011. For more information, see DeseretBookshelf.com.
- LDS First Presidency calls 8 new MTC presidents
- LDS Church releases 'A Savior Is Born'...
- The Piano Guys perform 'Silent Night' at New...
- New Joseph Smith Papers volume provides...
- Elder Oaks gives special Thanksgiving...
- MTC missionaries spend Thanksgiving preparing...
- The effect of having a widow's mite of faith
- A lesson a little girl learned while seeing...
- MTC missionaries spend Thanksgiving... 11
- Wright Words: Why Thanksgiving is... 4
- A lesson a little girl learned while... 4
- LDS Church releases 'A Savior Is Born'... 4
- The most grateful religions in America,... 2
- Pope Francis brings peace message to... 1
- Book review: 'Understanding the... 1
- 'Music and the Spoken Word': When... 1