“To the Rescue: The Biography of Thomas S. Monson” became Deseret Book’s 1,000th title for the Kindle e-book platform, it was announced Nov. 17. The Salt Lake City-based company started releasing titles on Kindle in late 2009.
“Although many readers still prefer the feel of a printed page under their fingers, e-reading is certainly on the rise,” said Sheri Dew, president and CEO of Deseret Book. “It seems fitting to have the biography of the president of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and a modern-day prophet be honored as the 1,000th title.”
In addition to offering titles on Kindle, Deseret Book also announced that it plans to release its own free reader app, “Deseret Bookshelf,” in December.
The app will offer the world’s best selection of LDS e-books, including Deseret Book-published titles and e-books from other free sources.
Customers will be able to create a personal e-book library, read and mark their e-books, and search their library for key words. Deseret Bookshelf will initially be offered on the iOS platform (iPad, iPhone and iTouch), with future plans for expansion to the Android platform in early 2011. For more information, see DeseretBookshelf.com.
- Watch: LDS Church news conference about...
- LDS leaders reemphasize protection of...
- Clark Gilbert named new president of BYU-Idaho
- LDS apostle Elder David A. Bednar offers...
- LDS Church's official website to evolve over...
- LDS statement could move Utah...
- LDS mission president's wife dies
- At BYU, Catholic archbishop seeks friends,...
- LDS leaders reemphasize protection of... 103
- Hamblin & Peterson: Bible wars among... 42
- See why this woman's decision not to... 41
- Watch: LDS Church news conference about... 33
- At BYU, Catholic archbishop seeks... 32
- Defending the Faith: A tribute to... 19
- Some Republican presidential hopefuls... 12
- Faith, friends and football: Stanford... 9