This week in YourTimes, we'd like to give you an opportunity to share three things you are grateful for. While we are appreciative of the upcoming Thanksgiving holiday in the United States that encourages us to give thanks, we are also mindful of repeated counsel from prophets and church leaders to express gratitude every day of the year.
In a November 2008 Ensign article, President Thomas S. Monson said, "Our realization of what is most important in life goes hand in hand with gratitude for our blessings.
"Said one well-known author: 'Both abundance and lack [of abundance] exist simultaneously in our lives, as parallel realities. It is always our conscious choice which secret garden we will tend ... when we choose not to focus on what is missing from our lives but are grateful for the abundance that's present — love, health, family, friends, work, the joys of nature, and personal pursuits that bring us [happiness] — the wasteland of illusion falls away and we experience heaven on earth.'"
You are among the many blessings we would like to express gratitude for this holiday season. We appreciate our Mormon Times readers, and we hope you will take a moment to reflect on the abundance in your life and share you thoughts with us. Also, watch this beautiful new Mormon Messages video.
- Boy Scouts in Utah, nation face uncertain future
- LDS Church relationship with Boy Scouts in...
- Mormon thrill ride creator still generating...
- Religious groups react to Boy Scouts’...
- Wright Words: Younger sister is living...
- Modest swimwear makes a splash in women's retail
- BYU-Idaho students form brotherhood of...
- 14 surprising, heartwarming videos of LDS...
- LDS Church relationship with Boy Scouts... 296
- Boy Scouts in Utah, nation face... 135
- Religious groups react to Boy... 75
- Do contraceptive rules make religious... 43
- Are lawsuits ahead for church-based Boy... 30
- Another Book of Mormon musical opens in... 26
- America welcomes Christians, Jews;... 18
- ... 11