Near Bethlehem: When she heard President Hunter call her country Palestine at a time when her country didn’t even exist on a map, she became intrigued with Mormonism. And this led Sahar Qumsiyeh, a Palestinian raised near Bethlehem, to learn more, eventually becoming a member. In this incredible new Mormon Women interview, you can learn about her triumphs and struggles (see how hard it is just to get to church.)
Bishop released: “Last Sunday was my birthday. I started out the day with a big bowl of Chocolate Cheerios at 6:15 in the morning. I needed it to get me through my last full Sunday as bishop.” Maybe this hit me extra hard because my ward’s bishop is also being released this Sunday, but I just loved this blogger’s personal reflections about being a bishop. “People don't realize that a bishop is carried by angels every day.” Click for the entire beautiful essay.
Dr. Who: I love blogs, for how else would this Mormon science fiction writer have found out this happy surprise that the writer of one of his favorite Dr. Who episodes loves his work. A happy surprise indeed! Click to read more.
Missionary shoes: I think this photo of missionary shoes littering a doorstep of the mission president’s home is worth a thousand words. Check it out.
- How to get 'Meet the Mormons' in theaters...
- Young performing LDS missionary shares...
- Two apostles visit Northern South America,...
- Mormon neighbors help Catholic nuns with...
- Famous Mormons featured in new BYU commercial
- Ask Angela: Fiancee struggles with newly...
- New Harmony: Viewing the penmanship of prophets
- A conversation with Mormon convert and 7-time...
- Ask Angela: Fiancee struggles with... 45
- New Harmony: Viewing the penmanship of... 8
- New Utah rabbi hopes to 'perfect the... 6
- 6 science-fiction and fantasy movies... 5
- 5 unusual places of worship 5
- How to get 'Meet the Mormons' in... 4
- Over half a million people attended... 4
- 10 religious leaders you may not know... 4