Near Bethlehem: When she heard President Hunter call her country Palestine at a time when her country didn’t even exist on a map, she became intrigued with Mormonism. And this led Sahar Qumsiyeh, a Palestinian raised near Bethlehem, to learn more, eventually becoming a member. In this incredible new Mormon Women interview, you can learn about her triumphs and struggles (see how hard it is just to get to church.)
Bishop released: “Last Sunday was my birthday. I started out the day with a big bowl of Chocolate Cheerios at 6:15 in the morning. I needed it to get me through my last full Sunday as bishop.” Maybe this hit me extra hard because my ward’s bishop is also being released this Sunday, but I just loved this blogger’s personal reflections about being a bishop. “People don't realize that a bishop is carried by angels every day.” Click for the entire beautiful essay.
Dr. Who: I love blogs, for how else would this Mormon science fiction writer have found out this happy surprise that the writer of one of his favorite Dr. Who episodes loves his work. A happy surprise indeed! Click to read more.
Missionary shoes: I think this photo of missionary shoes littering a doorstep of the mission president’s home is worth a thousand words. Check it out.
- 'Because of Him': LDS video on Christ...
- Miracles found at new temple in Florida
- First Presidency Easter Message
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir celebrates Easter...
- The story behind the missionary reality TV...
- Watch: Mormon Tabernacle Choir performs...
- Tabernacle Choir performs Handel's 'Messiah'...
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir to carry on tradition...
- LDS Church reaffirms stance on immigration 107
- Atheists, Mormon scholars talk religion 89
- Obama: Religious intolerance has... 78
- Zeroing in on religious hubs, atheists... 78
- At UVU, Elder Oaks sees hope despite... 77
- The Book of Mormon claims No. 1 spot on... 51
- How much did President Obama donate to... 46
- Linda & Richard Eyre: Tipping points:... 37