Near Bethlehem: When she heard President Hunter call her country Palestine at a time when her country didn’t even exist on a map, she became intrigued with Mormonism. And this led Sahar Qumsiyeh, a Palestinian raised near Bethlehem, to learn more, eventually becoming a member. In this incredible new Mormon Women interview, you can learn about her triumphs and struggles (see how hard it is just to get to church.)
Bishop released: “Last Sunday was my birthday. I started out the day with a big bowl of Chocolate Cheerios at 6:15 in the morning. I needed it to get me through my last full Sunday as bishop.” Maybe this hit me extra hard because my ward’s bishop is also being released this Sunday, but I just loved this blogger’s personal reflections about being a bishop. “People don't realize that a bishop is carried by angels every day.” Click for the entire beautiful essay.
Dr. Who: I love blogs, for how else would this Mormon science fiction writer have found out this happy surprise that the writer of one of his favorite Dr. Who episodes loves his work. A happy surprise indeed! Click to read more.
Missionary shoes: I think this photo of missionary shoes littering a doorstep of the mission president’s home is worth a thousand words. Check it out.
- Without the overdose of obscenity, 'The Book...
- Modest swimwear makes a splash in women's retail
- LDS Church relationship with Boy Scouts in...
- Duce's Wild: Working miracles regardless of...
- LDS Church leaders share personal photos and...
- My Plan: A new tool for missionaries
- Mormon thrill ride creator still generating...
- Defending the Faith: FairMormon Conference to...
- LDS Church relationship with Boy Scouts... 300
- Boy Scouts in Utah, nation face... 143
- Religious groups react to Boy... 79
- Modest swimwear makes a splash in... 45
- Are lawsuits ahead for church-based Boy... 31
- Another Book of Mormon musical opens in... 27
- America welcomes Christians, Jews;... 25
- Without the overdose of obscenity, 'The... 13