Near Bethlehem: When she heard President Hunter call her country Palestine at a time when her country didn’t even exist on a map, she became intrigued with Mormonism. And this led Sahar Qumsiyeh, a Palestinian raised near Bethlehem, to learn more, eventually becoming a member. In this incredible new Mormon Women interview, you can learn about her triumphs and struggles (see how hard it is just to get to church.)
Bishop released: “Last Sunday was my birthday. I started out the day with a big bowl of Chocolate Cheerios at 6:15 in the morning. I needed it to get me through my last full Sunday as bishop.” Maybe this hit me extra hard because my ward’s bishop is also being released this Sunday, but I just loved this blogger’s personal reflections about being a bishop. “People don't realize that a bishop is carried by angels every day.” Click for the entire beautiful essay.
Dr. Who: I love blogs, for how else would this Mormon science fiction writer have found out this happy surprise that the writer of one of his favorite Dr. Who episodes loves his work. A happy surprise indeed! Click to read more.
Missionary shoes: I think this photo of missionary shoes littering a doorstep of the mission president’s home is worth a thousand words. Check it out.
- Seeking and sorrowing: Sisters of the Prophet...
- Are church youth dances outdated?
- Number of LDS converts, missionaries...
- Returned Mormon missionary wins Ms. Virginia...
- Rare LDS Church document discovered that...
- Elder Nelson dedicates Life Sciences...
- Defending the Faith: The mystery of the...
- Joseph and Emma Smith as parents
- Defending the Faith: The mystery of the... 63
- Faith groups urge Supreme Court to... 61
- Are church youth dances outdated? 51
- Returned Mormon missionary wins Ms.... 38
- Jerry Earl Johnston: The Founding... 25
- Number of LDS converts, missionaries... 24
- 5 faith facts about Marco Rubio:... 14
- Elder Nelson dedicates Life Sciences... 13