Near Bethlehem: When she heard President Hunter call her country Palestine at a time when her country didn’t even exist on a map, she became intrigued with Mormonism. And this led Sahar Qumsiyeh, a Palestinian raised near Bethlehem, to learn more, eventually becoming a member. In this incredible new Mormon Women interview, you can learn about her triumphs and struggles (see how hard it is just to get to church.)
Bishop released: “Last Sunday was my birthday. I started out the day with a big bowl of Chocolate Cheerios at 6:15 in the morning. I needed it to get me through my last full Sunday as bishop.” Maybe this hit me extra hard because my ward’s bishop is also being released this Sunday, but I just loved this blogger’s personal reflections about being a bishop. “People don't realize that a bishop is carried by angels every day.” Click for the entire beautiful essay.
Dr. Who: I love blogs, for how else would this Mormon science fiction writer have found out this happy surprise that the writer of one of his favorite Dr. Who episodes loves his work. A happy surprise indeed! Click to read more.
Missionary shoes: I think this photo of missionary shoes littering a doorstep of the mission president’s home is worth a thousand words. Check it out.
- Germany: Syrian asylum seekers blows himself...
- President and Sister Uchtdorf visit site of...
- Mormon Mentions: Bryce Harper posts about his...
- James Dobson joins evangelicals for Trump
- Donald Trump's 'evangelical moment' during...
- In Germany, secular...
- Muslims celebrate lifting of Lagos hijab ban
- Does Hollywood demean — or misrepresent...
- President Uchtdorf visits refugees;... 29
- Erin Stewart: Should you teach your... 16
- What motivates (the few) evangelicals... 12
- Can Hillary Clinton finally close the... 11
- Donald Trump's 'evangelical moment'... 10
- How would you describe God in just one... 10
- James Dobson joins evangelicals for Trump 9
- Does Hollywood demean — or... 9