PROVO, Utah — Brent Crane's Christmas wish came early this year.
On Monday morning the executive director of the Food and Care Coalition received an e-mail from The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints Humanitarian Services and LDS Charities announcing a donation of $341,000 to be given to the coalition immediately to go toward its transitional housing center in south Provo.
"We're very grateful for those who have stepped forward," Crane said. "We have faith the remaining funds will come in so we can get people of the streets this winter."
- LDS siblings receive mission calls to Sao...
- Elder Perry's 'wildfire' cancer shocked...
- Elder L. Tom Perry's funeral planned for Friday
- Photos: A photographic look at Elder L. Tom...
- 21 uplifting quotes from Elder L. Tom Perry
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir announces...
- Son shares story of miraculous reunion with...
- Why more young women are leaving church
- Possible Boy Scout gay leadership... 78
- Elder L. Tom Perry's cancer terminal,... 56
- Lindsey Stirling's father responds to... 46
- An ex-Marine is fighting for her right... 44
- Michelle Llewellyn: How can I defend... 40
- Is your financial house in order? 10... 29
- Elder L. Tom Perry — an... 22
- Why more young women are leaving church 21