PROVO, Utah — Brent Crane's Christmas wish came early this year.
On Monday morning the executive director of the Food and Care Coalition received an e-mail from The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints Humanitarian Services and LDS Charities announcing a donation of $341,000 to be given to the coalition immediately to go toward its transitional housing center in south Provo.
"We're very grateful for those who have stepped forward," Crane said. "We have faith the remaining funds will come in so we can get people of the streets this winter."
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- New Mormon Message video highlights how much...
- No more excuses: Mormon dad designs home...
- Defending the Faith: Columbus among the Nephites
- Church leaders can learn from NFL domestic...
- New DVD tells story of David Archuleta's...
- 10 ideas of what God looks like
- The faith of a father, written in an old journal
- Defending the Faith: Columbus among the... 64
- Ask Angela: Fiancee struggles with... 49
- No more excuses: Mormon dad designs... 19
- New Mormon Message video highlights how... 15
- New DVD tells story of David... 13
- New Harmony: Viewing the penmanship of... 9
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary... 8
- 5 unusual places of worship 5