"On 3 April 1836 the Prophet Joseph Smith and Oliver Cowdery were engaged in sacred spiritual worship in the Kirtland Temple. After a solemn and silent prayer the Lord appeared to them and accepted the Kirtland Temple as His house.
"The marvelous description of the Savior and the appearance of ancient prophets who restored essential keys make the 110th section of the Doctrine and Covenants one of the most sacred and profound of all the communications the Lord has given us.
"Some of the most beautiful words in this section, or that any of us could ever hope to hear, are contained in verses 5 and 6: 'Behold, your sins are forgiven you; you are clean before me; therefore, lift up your heads and rejoice. Let the hearts of your brethren rejoice, and let the hearts of all my people rejoice, who have, with their might, built this house to my name.'"
Quentin L. Cook, "Rejoice!" Ensign, Nov. 1996, 30
- Many Mormon missionaries who return home...
- Ask Angela: I'm 24 and I think I'm headed to...
- Mormon missionaries shine shoes, teach the...
- One year since Sandy Hook: 'Evil did not win'...
- Pres. Monson teaches Christmas is the time to...
- LDS Church enhances web pages on its history,...
- Amish school shooter's kin: Horror, then healing
- LDS Church alters Christmas devotional tradition
- Many Mormon missionaries who return... 107
- Ask Angela: I'm 24 and I think I'm... 63
- Mormon missionaries shine shoes, teach... 22
- Space and religion: How believers view... 20
- In Our Lovely Deseret: Mark Twain and... 13
- One year since Sandy Hook: 'Evil did... 9
- Tips for LDS bloggers from the... 8
- Pres. Monson teaches Christmas is the... 8