"On 3 April 1836 the Prophet Joseph Smith and Oliver Cowdery were engaged in sacred spiritual worship in the Kirtland Temple. After a solemn and silent prayer the Lord appeared to them and accepted the Kirtland Temple as His house.
"The marvelous description of the Savior and the appearance of ancient prophets who restored essential keys make the 110th section of the Doctrine and Covenants one of the most sacred and profound of all the communications the Lord has given us.
"Some of the most beautiful words in this section, or that any of us could ever hope to hear, are contained in verses 5 and 6: 'Behold, your sins are forgiven you; you are clean before me; therefore, lift up your heads and rejoice. Let the hearts of your brethren rejoice, and let the hearts of all my people rejoice, who have, with their might, built this house to my name.'"
Quentin L. Cook, "Rejoice!" Ensign, Nov. 1996, 30
- Elder Perry's 'wildfire' cancer shocked...
- LDS siblings receive mission calls to Sao...
- Elder L. Tom Perry's funeral planned for Friday
- Photos: A photographic look at Elder L. Tom...
- 21 uplifting quotes from Elder L. Tom Perry
- Son shares story of miraculous reunion with...
- Why more young women are leaving church
- Elder L. Tom Perry — an 'uncommon' life...
- Possible Boy Scout gay leadership... 74
- Elder L. Tom Perry's cancer terminal,... 56
- Lindsey Stirling's father responds to... 45
- An ex-Marine is fighting for her right... 43
- Michelle Llewellyn: How can I defend... 35
- Is your financial house in order? 10... 27
- Elder L. Tom Perry — an... 22
- Why more young women are leaving church 21