Emily W. Jensen: Today in the Bloggernacle: 'Pixel pioneers,' senior missionaries and general conference on Kindles
Mormon origin: It starts with "Mormons are named for the Book of Mormon." And ends with "So, 'Mormon' signifies a place of purity surrounded by danger; a place where a fallen people were removed from evil and filled with grace; a place named by a degenerate man and hallowed by a repentant one.” And has a fascinating linkable text chain in the middle. Click to read a scriptural "Origin of the species" of the word "Mormon."
Senior missionaries: Did you know that the "Senior Missionary Web Site" has been recently redesigned? Larry Richman does, and points out how to find it and what’s new. Click for more info.
Scripture practice: “Suddenly technology has, in a decade, changed how scriptures are available to this generation. If you are in seminary, you should sometimes practice reading or hearing your scriptures on your computer and your cell phone and your iPod or mp3 player. Because you're not just seminary students, you are pixel pioneers!" I just love how Dave eloquently expounds on "The Technology of Scripture" in this church talk turned blog post. Check it out!
Kindle conference: Have a Kindle? Like general conference? Well combine the two using these detailed instructions on "How To Put General Conference On Your Kindle." How cool is that? It goes hand-in-hand with our being pixel pioneers.
- New Mormon Message video highlights how much...
- Defending the Faith: Columbus among the Nephites
- No more excuses: Mormon dad designs home...
- New DVD tells story of David Archuleta's...
- Two apostles visit Northern South America,...
- Mormon neighbors help Catholic nuns with...
- Young performing LDS missionary shares...
- The faith of a father, written in an old journal
- Ask Angela: Fiancee struggles with... 49
- Defending the Faith: Columbus among the... 49
- New DVD tells story of David... 12
- New Harmony: Viewing the penmanship of... 9
- New Utah rabbi hopes to 'perfect the... 6
- New Mormon Message video highlights how... 6
- 6 science-fiction and fantasy movies... 5
- 5 unusual places of worship 5