"In the home it's more intimate and better and easier and less formal, and parents are teaching by example. Parents also teach some things that are kind of painful to kids when they ask 'why,' and all the parents can say is 'because' — because they don't know why, they just know it isn't the thing to do, and they teach them obedience so that they will know and understand. And at home there's that powerful bond of love between parent and child that you won't let go until you get it taught."
Boyd K. Packer, "Principles of Teaching and Learning," Ensign, June 2007, 86–87 Topics: Teaching,
- BYU coach, players answer questions at fireside
- President Uchtdorf visits Provo City Center...
- Elder David E. Sorensen, former executive...
- Well-prepared Scouts rescue couple off Mount...
- What does heaven look like? Here are 10...
- Watch: Mormon missionaries save baby ducks
- LDS Church releases video about overcoming...
- LDS temple rises in Philadelphia
- Ask Angela: I'm not getting married in... 90
- LDS Church releases video about... 43
- Defending the Faith: Paul and his list... 24
- LDS stake presidency participates in... 19
- BYU coach, players answer questions at... 10
- Want to keep your faith in college?... 7
- Is James Foley a martyr? A brutal death... 7
- 'True compassion': Members of the LDS... 6