In this 14 minute video presentation, Scott R. Woodward, executive director of Sorenson Molecular Genealogy Foundation, explains how a person's frame of reference affects how they assess DNA evidence for the Book of Mormon.
Critics come from a frame of reference that the only possible interpretation of the Book of Mormon is that the Americas were empty when migrations described in the Book of Mormon took place.
Most LDS Scholars have believed that the Americas were populated before the migrations.
These frames of reference have everthing to do with how a person would interpret DNA evidence according to Woodward.
Proper interpretation of results is key.
He says DNA can't solve every mystery and that it is likely that it won't be able to disprove or prove the truth of the Book of Mormon.
- Ask Angela: I'm not getting married in the...
- 'Frozen' star Santino Fontana discusses...
- LDS stake presidency participates in ALS Ice...
- Carbon monoxide leak suspected in death of 2...
- 3 Mormon missionaries die in 2 separate...
- LDS temple rises in Philadelphia
- Mormon teen, future U. gymnast earns silvers...
- Parenting advice that changed my life
- Ask Angela: I'm not getting married in... 69
- Carbon monoxide leak suspected in death... 33
- 3 Mormon missionaries die in 2 separate... 30
- LDS missionary critically injured in... 27
- Obama administration announces new... 19
- Rev. Al Sharpton plays prominent role... 15
- ValueSpeak: To mow, or not to mow? 9
- Amish country bristles at... 8