In this 14 minute video presentation, Scott R. Woodward, executive director of Sorenson Molecular Genealogy Foundation, explains how a person's frame of reference affects how they assess DNA evidence for the Book of Mormon.
Critics come from a frame of reference that the only possible interpretation of the Book of Mormon is that the Americas were empty when migrations described in the Book of Mormon took place.
Most LDS Scholars have believed that the Americas were populated before the migrations.
These frames of reference have everthing to do with how a person would interpret DNA evidence according to Woodward.
Proper interpretation of results is key.
He says DNA can't solve every mystery and that it is likely that it won't be able to disprove or prove the truth of the Book of Mormon.
- Elder Perry's 'wildfire' cancer shocked...
- 21 uplifting quotes from Elder L. Tom Perry
- Photos: A photographic look at Elder L. Tom...
- Elder L. Tom Perry — an 'uncommon' life...
- Elder L. Tom Perry's funeral planned for Friday
- Mormon missionary killed, another injured in...
- Why more young women are leaving church
- Son shares story of miraculous reunion with...
- Defending the Faith: Joseph Smith's... 83
- Possible Boy Scout gay leadership... 73
- Elder L. Tom Perry's cancer terminal,... 56
- An ex-Marine is fighting for her right... 43
- Lindsey Stirling's father responds to... 43
- Michelle Llewellyn: How can I defend... 26
- Is your financial house in order? 10... 25
- Elder L. Tom Perry — an... 22