In this 14 minute video presentation, Scott R. Woodward, executive director of Sorenson Molecular Genealogy Foundation, explains how a person's frame of reference affects how they assess DNA evidence for the Book of Mormon.
Critics come from a frame of reference that the only possible interpretation of the Book of Mormon is that the Americas were empty when migrations described in the Book of Mormon took place.
Most LDS Scholars have believed that the Americas were populated before the migrations.
These frames of reference have everthing to do with how a person would interpret DNA evidence according to Woodward.
Proper interpretation of results is key.
He says DNA can't solve every mystery and that it is likely that it won't be able to disprove or prove the truth of the Book of Mormon.
- 35 memorable photos from the LDS Church News...
- LDS temples grow ever closer to members
- Danny Ainge speaks about career, Mormon faith
- Elder Holland, David Archuleta promote 'Meet...
- Carrie Underwood shares her Christian faith...
- LDS priesthood restoration site, new movie,...
- 2 LDS teens create video to share Mormon beliefs
- 1964 World's Fair pavilion had far-reaching...
- Republicans rallying behind religious... 32
- FamilySearch provides LDS members with... 18
- LDS Church leaders share excitement for... 14
- LDS temples grow ever closer to members 10
- Elder Holland, David Archuleta promote... 6
- Religious leaders agree ISIS must be... 6
- 1964 World's Fair pavilion had... 5
- LDS priesthood restoration site, new... 5