The following letter, dated Sept. 22, 2008, was sent to general authorities and to leaders in the North America West Area.Dear Brethren:Laie Hawaii Temple ClosureBeginning Monday, December 29, 2008, the Laie Hawaii Temple will close for approximately 18 months to accommodate a renovation of the temple. This is necessary to return the temple to its original beauty, and to bring it up to current temple standards.Following the renovation, the temple will be rededicated. Specific rededication information will be provided to Church members in the Laie Hawaii Temple District as the renovation project nears completion.The presidency of the Kona Hawaii Temple is preparing to accommodate members from the Laie Hawaii Temple District during the closure, including those desiring to receive their own ordinances. Members should contact the Kona Hawaii Temple presidency at 1 (808) 331-8504 (or toll free at 1-866-344-0727) to make any special arrangements.Sincerely yours,
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. It is produced weekly by the
Deseret News. The contents of each week's edition of LDS Church News are
available to subscribers online at ldschurchnews.com.
- Utah family adopts 2 newborns 6 weeks apart
- LDS Church publishes two new essays on past...
- LDS Church releases video about suicide...
- LDS pitcher Matthew Neil asked for a trial...
- Two Christian ministers refuse to perform...
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of Mormonism
- LDS Church releases video, topic page...
- Wright Words: A day in the life of Mormon...
- Two Christian ministers refuse to... 111
- LDS Church publishes two new essays on... 40
- LDS Church releases video, topic page... 34
- Utahns support bill making clear clergy... 24
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of... 20
- An LDS missionary and a Marine: Twin... 14
- Here's how you can learn more about God 13
- Bishops scrap welcome to gays in sign... 10