The following letter, dated Sept. 22, 2008, was sent to general authorities and to leaders in the North America West Area.Dear Brethren:Laie Hawaii Temple ClosureBeginning Monday, December 29, 2008, the Laie Hawaii Temple will close for approximately 18 months to accommodate a renovation of the temple. This is necessary to return the temple to its original beauty, and to bring it up to current temple standards.Following the renovation, the temple will be rededicated. Specific rededication information will be provided to Church members in the Laie Hawaii Temple District as the renovation project nears completion.The presidency of the Kona Hawaii Temple is preparing to accommodate members from the Laie Hawaii Temple District during the closure, including those desiring to receive their own ordinances. Members should contact the Kona Hawaii Temple presidency at 1 (808) 331-8504 (or toll free at 1-866-344-0727) to make any special arrangements.Sincerely yours,
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. It is produced weekly by the
Deseret News. The contents of each week's edition of LDS Church News are
available to subscribers online at ldschurchnews.com.
- Ask Angela: I'm not getting married in the...
- LDS stake presidency participates in ALS Ice...
- 'Frozen' star Santino Fontana discusses...
- Carbon monoxide leak suspected in death of 2...
- 3 Mormon missionaries die in 2 separate...
- LDS temple rises in Philadelphia
- Mormon teen, future U. gymnast earns silvers...
- Parenting advice that changed my life
- Ask Angela: I'm not getting married in... 77
- Carbon monoxide leak suspected in death... 33
- 3 Mormon missionaries die in 2 separate... 30
- LDS missionary critically injured in... 27
- Obama administration announces new... 19
- Rev. Al Sharpton plays prominent role... 15
- Amish country bristles at... 9
- ValueSpeak: To mow, or not to mow? 9