The following letter, dated Sept. 22, 2008, was sent to general authorities and to leaders in the North America West Area.Dear Brethren:Laie Hawaii Temple ClosureBeginning Monday, December 29, 2008, the Laie Hawaii Temple will close for approximately 18 months to accommodate a renovation of the temple. This is necessary to return the temple to its original beauty, and to bring it up to current temple standards.Following the renovation, the temple will be rededicated. Specific rededication information will be provided to Church members in the Laie Hawaii Temple District as the renovation project nears completion.The presidency of the Kona Hawaii Temple is preparing to accommodate members from the Laie Hawaii Temple District during the closure, including those desiring to receive their own ordinances. Members should contact the Kona Hawaii Temple presidency at 1 (808) 331-8504 (or toll free at 1-866-344-0727) to make any special arrangements.Sincerely yours,
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. It is produced weekly by the
Deseret News. The contents of each week's edition of LDS Church News are
available to subscribers online at ldschurchnews.com.
- New friends plan to work together to defend...
- 'Attitude of gratitude': 25 quotes from LDS...
- Reader voices: I'm trying to be a Mormon
- Faith leaders leave Vatican with high hopes...
- In the Whirled: The good Mormon Democrat
- Capturing 'Mormon Faces': LDS mother,...
- Mormon creator of 'Battlestar Galactica'...
- Be thankful — there's a theology of...
- In the Whirled: The good Mormon Democrat 105
- Pastors opposed to same-sex marriage... 37
- Defending the Faith: A note on the... 35
- Faith leaders leave Vatican with high... 34
- New friends plan to work together to... 23
- LDS Church releases renderings of final... 17
- Mormon creator of 'Battlestar... 17
- 5 reasons why we want to believe Jesus... 14