The following letter, dated Sept. 22, 2008, was sent to general authorities and to leaders in the North America West Area.Dear Brethren:Laie Hawaii Temple ClosureBeginning Monday, December 29, 2008, the Laie Hawaii Temple will close for approximately 18 months to accommodate a renovation of the temple. This is necessary to return the temple to its original beauty, and to bring it up to current temple standards.Following the renovation, the temple will be rededicated. Specific rededication information will be provided to Church members in the Laie Hawaii Temple District as the renovation project nears completion.The presidency of the Kona Hawaii Temple is preparing to accommodate members from the Laie Hawaii Temple District during the closure, including those desiring to receive their own ordinances. Members should contact the Kona Hawaii Temple presidency at 1 (808) 331-8504 (or toll free at 1-866-344-0727) to make any special arrangements.Sincerely yours,
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. It is produced weekly by the
Deseret News. The contents of each week's edition of LDS Church News are
available to subscribers online at ldschurchnews.com.
- UVU men's soccer makes its program debut with...
- President Uchtdorf visits Provo City Center...
- Wedding industry illustrates unresolved legal...
- BYU coach, players answer questions at fireside
- Well-prepared Scouts rescue couple off Mount...
- LDS temple rises in Philadelphia
- ValueSpeak: A tip of the hat to innocence
- 'Deseret News National Edition': Common Core,...
- LDS Church releases video about... 46
- Wedding industry illustrates unresolved... 33
- Defending the Faith: Paul and his list... 29
- BYU coach, players answer questions at... 17
- Is James Foley a martyr? A brutal death... 9
- 'True compassion': Members of the LDS... 7
- What does heaven look like? Here are 10... 6
- In the Whirled: World peace and the... 5