was driven to begin this type of blog. First, it is a way to keep connected to
family and friends. Also, my life in the Church here is very small scale (our
branch usually has about 10-15 members present at sacrament meeting, including
four full time missionaries). Perhaps it helps me compensate for the lack
religious culture that I am accustomed to in my life."Mormon Thinking
"is designed to be neutral, where active members, non-members, or former members
can participate without feeling like they don't belong Those who have commented
have shown tremendous insight, respect, and curiosity in the topics discussed."
Some favorite posts include
"Ebony and Ivory" where "we talk about the danger of extreme thinking. It
incorporates philosophy from Star Wars, and even has a picture of me in a
lightsaber battle with my brother-in-law, who is a frequent participant on the
blog. I like the title from this week's blog the best — "How to Lose Friends and Irritate People." I was in a really boring meeting when
the title came to me, and nearly laughed out loud." "Mormon thinking is
really not all that different from any other type of thinking. We have
developed a lot of our own fancy words to explain things, but I think it is
important to see how practical the Gospel is and how it can be made applicable
to anybody, even if they have never had anything to do with Mormonism. I love
to get posts that say 'I am not Mormon, but this reminds me of my own
culture...' or something to that effect It's a way to share who we are, while at
the same time continually progressing through the wisdom shared by others."
Awesome! Give Mormon Thinking a try!Techie Tip Start a game of "Testimony Tag." You start by creating a blog post about a gospel idea. Next,
you link to a faith-promoting Web site. Finally, you invite (this is called
tagging) your friends to do the same. You share, encourage, others share, others
encourage, and the game gets bigger and bigger with awesome results. Enjoy!
- President Uchtdorf dedicates addition to...
- This is even more evidence that Jesus may...
- Want to improve your marriage? Get a hobby,...
- Helping people deal with criticisms against...
- Is the world's oldest Quran older than Muhammad?
- Mormon Channel releases gritty videos of real...
- LDS Church leaders share messages about...
- Defending the Faith: Parallels between... 47
- ... 31
- Want to improve your marriage? Get a... 11
- 8 interesting facts about the Toronto... 8
- Recently vandalized Fort Collins... 8
- Trust, forgiveness and repentance are... 7
- Obama bristles at anti-Semitism charges... 7
- 14 things you’ll find in Donald... 6